No start after Valve Job.

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Just posting out of curiosity for the 180* out scenario!

What's your VECTOR VICTOR?

ROGER ROGER!

Rgr? Thought it was a new Regurgitating Gas Regulator circuit I had missed all these years for a moment... DOH!:nono:

...ahhhh... long day...

G/L!

-crisp

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
cinciguy89turbo;1453228 said:
Rgr= roger? lol

Hmm...that's good a tad bit of hope....So this could be as simple as taking the CPS out turning the crank over one more time then putting it back in.

The key is to have the crank pointing at the zero and the two cam gear marks aligned with the index marks on the back plate.

SupraCobra

Feb 4, 2009
Melbourne, FL
cinciguy89turbo;1453281 said:
What's the poing of 10* and 15* then if we always use 0?

If you are following the TSRM, make sure you turn counterclockwise and clockwise when specified...

I had a FAIL experience because I would read counterclockwise as clockwise so I was always 180 degrees off... :p Drove me nuts lol...

Also do the CPS exactly as the TSRM says... :)

Are you doing this with the top timing cover on?

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
cinciguy89turbo;1453281 said:
What's the poing of 10* and 15* then if we always use 0?

SupraCobra;1453285 said:
The 0 is for initial calibration...

The 10 and 15 are for use with the timing light after you get it running, warmed up, and idled...

I'm thinking pre-read the TSRM through ALL the procedures related to these processes and then proceed step by step from one.;)

-crisp

cinciguy89turbo

Zero to Sixty
Apr 7, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
SupraCobra;1453283 said:
If you are following the TSRM, make sure you turn counterclockwise and clockwise when specified...

I had a FAIL experience because I would read counterclockwise as clockwise so I was always 180 degrees off... :p Drove me nuts lol...

Also do the CPS exactly as the TSRM says... :)

Are you doing this with the top timing cover on?

The CPS is so confusing. The TSRM does nothing for me.

Yes I am doing this with cover off...

cinciguy89turbo

Zero to Sixty
Apr 7, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Car started. Had the Intake Cam Sprocket one hole off....IDK how that happened....I took the sprockets on and off like 18 times during the process of putting everything back together, and I always remembered to line the holes up....except the time that it mattered.

It's running, and revs fine, but idles a little high, and at times rough. I'm assuming this is because I still have to time the CPS, which still confuses that crap out of me. I may take the easy way out and take it to the guys that timed it before.

I also have a pretty big oil leak. I loosed the oil return line that goes from turbo to the block to get some slack to move the turbo over a bit to get the manifold back on, and IDK if it need to put a new gasket on it or if its just not tight enough. I haven't had time to mess with it too much.

Other than that, I'd say pretty successful for a first timer :)