no moldings

Has anyone thought of or attempted a MK3 with out the body moldings. I'm talking about making the side door (as an example) making it flat and flush. The only probably I have run into is the front bumper. The molding lines flow's into the blinkers. But if we close that off and make it similar to the MK4? What does everyone think about this?

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
goodsidepic.jpg

^^^?

That's becauseican's supra btw. You're gonna have to wait for someone to tell you how they do it, but yea it's been done.

livinasask8er;1469667 said:
goodsidepic.jpg

^^^?

That's becauseican's supra btw. You're gonna have to wait for someone to tell you how they do it, but yea it's been done.

AWESOME! great thanks for that. I was thinking about mentioning if it's been done before. Now what's the communities opinion of that? is that acceptable or is it frowned apon?

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
darkfox404;1469669 said:
Now what's the communities opinion of that? is that acceptable or is it frowned apon?

who the fuck cares!? Do what you like. Its your car. I wont tell you how many hours of body work Randy put into his car, because I dont remember exactly. But I do know that he told me he'd never do it to another car again. Lots of hours to put in just to have another car look the same as his, In my opinion

Jayhall;1469672 said:
who the fuck cares!? Do what you like. Its your car. I wont tell you how many hours of body work Randy put into his car, because I dont remember exactly. But I do know that he told me he'd never do it to another car again. Lots of hours to put in just to have another car look the same as his, In my opinion

good point :) I'll be considering it. I'll have other mods that will make me different from him.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I have never seen that picture of Randy's car. It's a beautiful shot.

That said, his car would look better with the molding IMHO. If it weren't for the lines left by the front and rear bumpers, and the rear mud flap. That's just too much to ignore for me.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
ForcedTorque;1469736 said:

That said, his car would look better with the molding IMHO. If it weren't for the lines left by the front and rear bumpers, and the rear mud flap. That's just too much to ignore for me.

you kidding?Thats the picture I see the most of his car.

I'm not a fan of no shaved moldings but in some case's like Randys car I think it's looks good.But hey diffrent stokes for diffrent fokes.I say nay but it's your car.

I'm shocked that there not more pics up cause I've seen at least 6 MKIII's with shaved moldings.

p.s.ForcedTorque I hate mudd flaps lol

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
darkfox404;1469677 said:
good point :) I'll be considering it. I'll have other mods that will make me different from him.

Even if you did all the work and put all the steps in the same order as Randy, Im sure it would turn out to be a little different and you'll add your own touches here and there. A few more pics that ive got kicking around

p1469925_1.jpg

p1469925_2.jpg

p1469925_3.jpg

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
ForcedTorque;1469736 said:

I got the pic off of bicperformance.com, there's more on there if you're interested in more shots. I agree with what you said about the lines, I just didn't say anything because the OP didn't ask before, and as stated before the OP didn't have to. If I did what people have been telling me, I would have a 96+ mustang instead.
Jayhall;1469925 said:
Even if you did all the work and put all the steps in the same order as Randy, Im sure it would turn out to be a little different and you'll add your own touches here and there. A few more pics that ive got kicking around

p1470258_1.jpg

p1470258_2.jpg

p1470258_3.jpg
Supra28;1469916 said:
Though I prefer moldings, guy did a good job.
Now I've never seen those pics, it looks even nicer than I thought. I prefer mouldings, too, but I can really appreciate the work.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
I prefer moldings, but if you do it. Please finish it... I've owned 2 supras that people started to work on the moldings and never finished... its annoying... but to each there own

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Not my taste but its your car so do what you please. Maybe adding binker's covers from Kevin to it could make the flow of the body at the front a little bit better IMO.

RedComet13

Rock n Rolla
Mar 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I've considered Shaved Moldings, Stereo Antennae, Rear Wiper, Washer Nozzles Since almost all the components have been Removed for weight loss and track performance. But My issue is I shelled out near $50 For my JDM Bubble Side Repeaters and Without the molding They'd Prolly look like crap. There could be a way to fix that but I want to make sure No punk-ass kids in my Apartment wont Rip them off.... Lil Bastards :3d_frown:

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
so whats better.. finding a complete set of post 89 moldings or shaving them? I like the look of both honestly. either one beats the pre 89 bubbly corroded moldings..