No check engine light even when in diag. mode

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
so i was having trouble a few weeks ago with my supra. whenever i would floor the car with the clutch in, it would blow the efi fuse. so being the idiot that i was, i put a piece of wire in place of the fuse to make it home one day.

I had forgot about the solid wire and burned a little rubber in front of friends and the car never started again. i picked up a known good working ecu cause i though my old one was fried.

I replaced it and the car still doesn't start. i tried to check codes and the engine light does not come on. it doesn't even come on when i turn the key to the "on" position....what could be the problem?

Last edited:

IndyMK3

I Hate Godzilla Too!!!!
May 15, 2008
Indianapolis, Indiana
If you didnt do any other damage... check the bulb... pull the guage cluster and check if you blew the bulb...

edit:::: but i dont know why its not starting...

Last edited:

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Sounds like the ECU isn't getting any power.

Is the fuse still blowing?

Likely there is a short somewhere causing the fuse to blow. Leaving the 'jumper wire' in there probably allowed further damage. Start at the fuse box and start checking for frayed wires, bad grounds, or any other abnormal looking wires/wiring.

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
mkiii222;1256990 said:
Sounds like the ECU isn't getting any power.

Is the fuse still blowing?

Likely there is a short somewhere causing the fuse to blow. Leaving the 'jumper wire' in there probably allowed further damage. Start at the fuse box and start checking for frayed wires, bad grounds, or any other abnormal looking wires/wiring.

no the fuse is not blowing. also, i just disconnected my cold start injector fuel supply hose and there is no fuel either.....i pulled the fuse block, checked the wires and they all seem fine. i also pulled the fuses by the kickpanel and they seem fine as well.....

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
By checking fuses, did you just look at them, or use a test light or multimeter and actually check for voltage?

ed: Also, did you check the fusible link? It's bolted in, don't just yank it.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
my o2 sensor would melt on the turbo causing the same problems you have. you have a short somewhere blowing the efi fuse. check the entire circuit.

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
hvyman;1257056 said:
check the entire circuit.
LOL its no simple american car....but yeah ive been checking. what i think originally made the fuse blow was my bad connections. my battery terminals were very loose and my ground on the coils wasnt connected....

also, i thought it might have been my o2 as well but it seems ok....

Last edited:

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Did you check your relay's the main relay's that can also be your problem.

Does your car even click? or make a noise that it's trying to turn on?

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Wow....this is what I have, except mine is intermittent. Currently running on another EFI relay...so far no problems. *cross fingers*

(watching your thread....)

TooGoode

rediculous DD
Mar 1, 2007
Chandler, Arizona
Zerocool;1257297 said:
Have you check your grounds?

yes i checked my grounds....its not like anything changed since it was running last....well, besides my frying something.....

how can i test my relay?

the car just cranks and cranks but no fuel...

also i'll check tomorrow if i have spark...

Last edited:

dslocal

Nov 9, 2008
slo
well you obviously have no fuel so deal with that first. does the pump even come on at all when you jumper the two wires?
If not then I would assume that either your fuel pump relay is bad or you have a open going to the pump, or your pump is bad...

Fuses blow when you get more current in the circuit than the fuse is rated for, more current flows when you have less resistance, less resistance is caused by a short,

when you put that piece of wire in instead of the fuse you probably allowed the thing that was shorting a little bit to completly burn up, causing the open you have in your fuel system,
Just start going through everything.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
dumbo;1257162 said:
Wow a peice of wire instead of a fuse:3d_frown:
If you need a fuse in a pinch, take one from an unneeded accesory temporalily.
I'd start here
http://cygnusx1.net/supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=29

Read this, maybe you missed it.

I would deffinety check FL AM2 30A, as its in the same circuit. But follow the flowchart.

As for why its blowing in the first place, that'll be a different story.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
TooGoode;1257003 said:
how can i check that without removing the tank? i already tried using the diag port and bridging the connectors but still nothing.....

You tried jumping +B and FP?

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
As for no start, i'm sure you blew the pump. Once that is fixed really you should follow the flow chart and you're gonna have to check ALOT of wires for ground, continuity. You've got a bad circuit somewhere, that much is obvious.
When you said you've checked your grounds, how exactly did you check your grounds? Test light?