New

Jtsan

Jul 10, 2011
Brockton MA
Newest member of SM and just wanted to say hello... hello... Name's Jeff. Just recently picked up my first supra. 88 hardtop turbo. Little bit about my cars: I've had a couple DSMs in the past. Also owned an NSRT-4 and recently had a 240sx. Traded the 240 for the supra and this is where I'm at now. Probably noticed I've been around turbos once or twice and I can't wait to tear into the supra. Not sure my plans yet. Needs a bit of work to get her "road worthy". Then doing a little PM while I DD her for a couple of months. I'll come up with a plan during that time. Don't have pics yet, but I'll get some up asap.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
whasssssuuuuuuppp Jeff, welcome to the addiction.
im right next door in stoughton, we should meet up sometime.
is your supra white with the supra sticker on the front windsheild?

Jtsan

Jul 10, 2011
Brockton MA
Yeah kuto def. need to meet up. Just need to get her running right first. Just ordered an igniter then I need to get her into the shop for a quick alignment. And no its not the white one. It's maroon and I believe it came with '91 wheels on them (5 spoke). I've got my buddies motegi's on right now so it can pass inspection. Came with bald tires lol. I'll post pics later. Just need to upload them.
Razoe, which motor did you have in your's? I had a 92 coupe with the ka24de in it. Was going to swap for an sr but then lost interest. And the last owner spray painted it flat black, def not for me.

Jtsan

Jul 10, 2011
Brockton MA
Took a little bit for me to upload them, but here are the pics. A little rough around the edges but still looks decent I think. Paint is fading here and there, missing a couple trim pieces. Tell me what you guys think.
p1738473_1.jpg

p1738473_2.jpg

p1738473_3.jpg

p1738473_4.jpg

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
I know that car!!!
Did you get it from Carlos in RI?

That engine should have head studs in it, last i head it had a BHG but im not sure if he got that fixed or not. also you might wanna put the EGR and evap system back, if you need the parts let me know and they're yours.

Jtsan

Jul 10, 2011
Brockton MA
kotu100;1738754 said:
I know that car!!!
Did you get it from Carlos in RI?

That engine should have head studs in it, last i head it had a BHG but im not sure if he got that fixed or not. also you might wanna put the EGR and evap system back, if you need the parts let me know and they're yours.

I got it from RI and the old registration said Carlos on it. I don't think I bought it off Carlos though. It was some other kid and he never even registered it.
In the glove box there was a receipt for a head gasket, so I'm pretty sure someone fixed that. When I get her started she runs fine, not rough or anything. I had a feeling it use to have a BHG cause the coolant is all milk-shaky.
I'll take those parts off your hands, let me know how much. Supras are hard to find in the junk yard, I went to one in middleboro and they only had one and it was pretty much stripped. If I need anything ima call you first. LOL