New Toy, 2.5 TT-R

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reiketsukan;1416589 said:
The stock radiator is brass I believe, but it your going to JB Weld it that won't matter. Just make sure both mating surfaces are very clean! I think I'd try tapping the hole, getting a new nipple from a hardware store, smearing some JB Weld on the threads and screwing it in. Don't be afraid to smear some on the outside where the nipple meets the radiator after you screw it in. Just make sure you wipe of the excess, make it look nice, and let it cure completely before you run the car. I even have some JB Weld if you want to use it!

Going to try and get one from the hardware store and tap it.

JPsToyota;1416434 said:
I have that black pipe forced over my throttle body for the time being, no coupler involved. No pipes blowing off.

Try that

Already tried to but it is to short.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
didn't this car have a lip on it? lol believe it was a bomex 3 hole
I remember seeing it on cardomain and all that good stuff, and it was up for sale.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
when you bring it down to my place ill have to vacuum it out for you and if we have time shampoo it. That'll make a huge difference on the inside. Also when you go to switch the dash lemme know. I've done it numerous times haha.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
NewGen;1418116 said:
when you bring it down to my place ill have to vacuum it out for you and if we have time shampoo it. That'll make a huge difference on the inside. Also when you go to switch the dash lemme know. I've done it numerous times haha.

Yeah, I've vacuumed it once but with a shity handheld one. The rear jdm carpet is bad!!!!!

iskrem;1418072 said:
Wow! I didn't know this car came with LHD?! What gives?! :eek:

It was originally an 88 silver turbo, with maroon interior:3d_frown:, a door handle is still maroon.

carter;1417863 said:
didn't this car have a lip on it? lol believe it was a bomex 3 hole
I remember seeing it on cardomain and all that good stuff, and it was up for sale.

Probably broke off because of the roads and driveways here, I have already scrapped just driving down the road.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
nick88;1418175 said:
Yeah, I've vacuumed it once but with a shity handheld one. The rear jdm carpet is bad!!!!!

Probably broke off because of the roads and driveways here, I have already scrapped just driving down the road.

i'll hit it all with the shampooer and will get it lookin nice. I can do alot with it. The grey interior in my car is almost perfect now. Just a huge chunk out of the center consol lid I need to get fixed.

My car scrapes horribly :3d_frown: just have to learn what streets to stay away from. Like most of the east side where you live :biglaugh:

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
NewGen;1418574 said:
i'll hit it all with the shampooer and will get it lookin nice. I can do alot with it. The grey interior in my car is almost perfect now. Just a huge chunk out of the center consol lid I need to get fixed.

My car scrapes horribly :3d_frown: just have to learn what streets to stay away from. Like most of the east side where you live :biglaugh:

Yeah, the roads over here are pretty bad, I try to stay on the main roads where it is not that old of roads.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
First off OMG its my old car!

Second OMG WFT happend to my old car?

Third I'm glade it's back to somebody that is taking care of her once again!

I did a bunch of work on that car and miss it dearly! It was in much better shape when I owned that car, but after I sold it to some kid in Tucson it seems to have went to shit I see.

Please take care of that car and give it the love it needs!

-Clint

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Zerocool;1423076 said:
First off OMG its my old car!

Second OMG WFT happend to my old car?

Third I'm glade it's back to somebody that is taking care of her once again!

I did a bunch of work on that car and miss it dearly! It was in much better shape when I owned that car, but after I sold it to some kid in Tucson it seems to have went to shit I see.

Please take care of that car and give it the love it needs!

-Clint

Do you you remember the guys name you sold it to? Did it have power steering, heat when you owned it? What is the paint code? What happened to it is that he tried daily driving it in Iowa and realized the first snow that he couldn't move when the turbos spooled on summer tires, bought a sti and let it sit until i bought it 2 weeks ago. Was sitting under a tree for 7-8 months before it even got moved from the driveway.

92nsx;1423085 said:
owned it for a week, new lets see some pics of it all cleaned up ;)

Working on cleaning it up, but it is gonna need paint.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
nick88;1423096 said:
Do you you remember the guys name you sold it to?
I sold it to a kid that lived in Tucson named David and after that I lost track of it.

nick88;1423096 said:
Did it have power steering, heat when you owned it?
It did have power steering and heat when I owned it

nick88;1423096 said:
What is the paint code?
I have long since forgotton the paint code, I use to have it but I don't know it anymore, I do know it was a newer GM charcoal grey like from a 04-05 Corvette with a hint of black paint. I know any good painter can paint match that paint if you choose to keep it.

nick88;1423096 said:
What happened to it is that he tried daily driving it in Iowa and realized the first snow that he couldn't move when the turbos spooled on summer tires, bought a sti and let it sit until i bought it 2 weeks ago. Was sitting under a tree for 7-8 months before it even got moved from the driveway.

That totally bums me out :( the paint on the car when I had it was freshly painted on it and that was back in 04 IIRC. I hope you clean her up and finish it up back to the way she use to be if not better!

keep me informed on your progress and any questions you have Id be happy to answer for you if possible.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Zerocool;1423117 said:
I sold it to a kid that lived in Tucson named David and after that I lost track of it.

It did have power steering and heat when I owned it

I have long since forgotton the paint code, I use to have it but I don't know it anymore, I do know it was a newer GM charcoal grey like from a 04-05 Corvette with a hint of black paint. I know any good painter can paint match that paint if you choose to keep it.

That totally bums me out :( the paint on the car when I had it was freshly painted on it and that was back in 04 IIRC. I hope you clean her up and finish it up back to the way she use to be if not better!

keep me informed on your progress and any questions you have Id be happy to answer for you if possible.

A guy named Eddy bought it and brought it back to Iowa. No more power steering and the heat is rigged to work but am working on fixing it. What is the stealth ecu tuned to, fuel cut, rev limit? Was the ecu in the stock location?

Its not gonna leave my hands anytime soon, a couple people I ran into on the street asked me what was done to it and if I wanted to sell it. Gets all kinds of compliments from everybody and the only person that doesn't like it is my mom. lol

Where is the map sensor mounted at on this car?

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
nick88;1423120 said:
A guy named Eddy bought it and brought it back to Iowa. No more power steering and the heat is rigged to work but am working on fixing it. What is the stealth ecu tuned to, fuel cut, rev limit? Was the ecu in the stock location?

I didnt own that car much longer after I bought the stealth ecu, It came off a front clip that onejoezee got back in the day, it was on a stock 1jz, but it has no speed cut, no fuel cut, no boost cut, no rev limiter... so be carful!

nick88;1423120 said:
Its not gonna leave my hands anytime soon, a couple people I ran into on the street asked me what was done to it and if I wanted to sell it. Gets all kinds of compliments from everybody and the only person that doesn't like it is my mom. lol

Where is the map sensor mounted at on this car?

The map sensor was mounted on the firewall on the drivers side when I owned the car, and whats this I read about there was nitrous on my old car?!?! :3d_frown:

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Zerocool;1423126 said:
I didnt own that car much longer after I bought the stealth ecu, It came off a front clip that onejoezee got back in the day, it was on a stock 1jz, but it has no speed cut, no fuel cut, no boost cut, no rev limiter... so be carful!

The map sensor was mounted on the firewall on the drivers side when I owned the car, and whats this I read about there was nitrous on my old car?!?! :3d_frown:

It had it, the button is in the cig lighter. It was rigged in there too, some exhaust pipe with a injector in there, Even if you did hit nitrous the ic pipe would blow off and you wouldn't get and\y boost or nitrous, but I still have everything but the bottle and injector/pipe thingy he didn't give me with the car. And just for laughs I put the NOS blanket over the clamps and put the hose in it so when people look in the're like oo shit, then I close the hatch.

Can you elaborate on the map sensor, I can't seem to find it and doubt that it has been moved or replaced.

I already found the no speed cut out when I went through the gears revving to 5500 and looked down going 130 on busy main roads, and I had gone almost 4x over the speed limit of 35 and was like this is not the 7m on sawbladz I am used to.

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
nick88;1423152 said:
Can you elaborate on the map sensor, I can't seem to find it and doubt that it has been moved or replaced.

It should be between the valve cover and intake plenum. if you follow the wiring harness from the firewall to the intake plenume you should find a 3 wire plug with a sensor connected to it with a vacuum line to it if its connected correctly.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Zerocool;1423160 said:
It should be between the valve cover and intake plenum. if you follow the wiring harness from the firewall to the intake plenume you should find a 3 wire plug with a sensor connected to it with a vacuum line to it if its connected correctly.

I found it, had no idea what they look like so I was looking everwhere when it was right in front of my face.

I got another dash to replace the cracked one, but it has some little cracks. Anybody know where to get a repair kit and paint to match?

Could you post some more pics of the car when you owned it if you have some.

Status
Not open for further replies.