New Toy, 2.5 TT-R

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Zerocool;1423908 said:
Oh yeah, if you ever want to sell the car, let me know because I wouldnt mind having it back. :)

Will be the first contacted if I ever decide to sell. There is a waiting list with 3 people on it now. Going to have to paint it this winter because I tried to buff the targa first and burn through just a little bit so decided to stop and just going to paint it, going to spray the engine bay and the door jambs too. Going to try and replicate the color.

It's in a fellow supra and Griffin's hands again since you sold it. Only thing I don't have is the sunshade and bomex front lip. Going to contact previous owner to see what happened to it.

Nick Griffin

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
nick88;1423923 said:
Will be the first contacted if I ever decide to sell. There is a waiting list with 3 people on it now. Going to have to paint it this winter because I tried to buff the targa first and burn through just a little bit so decided to stop and just going to paint it, going to spray the engine bay and the door jambs too. Going to try and replicate the color.

It's in a fellow supra and Griffin's hands again since you sold it. Only thing I don't have is the sunshade and bomex front lip. Going to contact previous owner to see what happened to it.

Nick Griffin

Awesome, I happy to hear that your going to be keeping the color :) as far as I recall the owner that I sold it to in Tucson destroyed the lip and rear sunshade :(.

Are you going to make a thread about it or keep this one with updates?

And its sweet to meet another supra owner with the last name Griffin.

Clinton Griffin

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Zerocool;1423960 said:
Awesome, I happy to hear that your going to be keeping the color :) as far as I recall the owner that I sold it to in Tucson destroyed the lip and rear sunshade :(.

Are you going to make a thread about it or keep this one with updates?

And its sweet to meet another supra owner with the last name Griffin.

Clinton Griffin

The guy I bough it it from had the sunshade but wanted to keep it for a na supra the was in horrible shape, but he had lost the mounting brackets for it. I will probably end up getting it.

I will keep updating this one. No need for more clutter on the forum, just a move once I get it goin.

Even sweeter that I have the other Griffin's old car. Kinda like it was meant to happen.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
nick88;1423974 said:
The guy I bough it it from had the sunshade but wanted to keep it for a na supra the was in horrible shape, but he had lost the mounting brackets for it. I will probably end up getting it.

I will keep updating this one. No need for more clutter on the forum, just a move once I get it goin.

Even sweeter that I have the other Griffin's old car. Kinda like it was meant to happen.

The na supra wasnt in that bad of shape. It needs a new engine and the paint on the hood is peeling pretty badly. Its a hard top though which I want really bad :love:

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
nick88;1423974 said:

Just jump into the Kevin M group buy, I also bought the bomex lip from andysautosport.com I believe they still sell them for a good price.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
NewGen;1424126 said:
The na supra wasnt in that bad of shape. It needs a new engine and the paint on the hood is peeling pretty badly. Its a hard top though which I want really bad :love:
When it was sitting next to this car it was looking pretty bad, in reality it wasn't bad, but had a weird ass wing on it.

Zerocool;1424196 said:
Just jump into the Kevin M group buy, I also bought the bomex lip from andysautosport.com I believe they still sell them for a good price.

I am going to get a 3 hole bomex like was one it and paint it to. Going to get a sunshade, its just a matter of time.

The next on the list is ic hardpipes, then a pull engine, lightened flywheel and depending on the clutch a new one, paint and undercoating.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
nick88;1424445 said:
When it was sitting next to this car it was looking pretty bad, in reality it wasn't bad, but had a weird ass wing on it.

I am going to get a 3 hole bomex like was one it and paint it to. Going to get a sunshade, its just a matter of time.

The next on the list is ic hardpipes, then a pull engine, lightened flywheel and depending on the clutch a new one, paint and undercoating.

oh ya the wing would be the first thing to go. I'm not even sure what i'd get. I'm not even sure what spoiler i'm going to do with the car I have now. Seems like everyone has a whaletail and i'm dont wanna follow a trend especially not in des moines because theres not a ton of us around and if we all have whaletails that would be kinda gay.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Well, I haven't done much work on my car in a while, since it is cold enough to snow I will be going back to work next weekend. So while I had a free weekend I decided to pull the motor out of the supra to paint/clean/replace rack. And onto pics

p1465577_1.jpg

p1465577_2.jpg

p1465577_3.jpg
Matt(Newgen) next to my car and my friend ricky under it
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg
I think this is why it wouldn't run right, it was melted to some of my wiring harness.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg
That heater is red hot. I should of taken a pic of what it looked like outside.(A couple inches of snow and still snowing)
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

The quality of the pics are not very good because they where taken from my blackberry.

Last edited:

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
*james*;1465605 said:
so how long did it take you guys, you never told me..

Well, when we actutally worked on it and didn't stand around and talk/take pics/bullshit with each other, it took about 2 1/2-3 hours. It took a long time to get the wiring harness out of the firewall.

On the other hand, I talked Ricky into buyin that mk2 supra that I was gonna get.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
I knew this car had a bomex 3 hole lol but it looks like its in good hands. I would have tried and help you get ahold of the prev owner, but he chimed in and i completely forgot about this thread til tonight.

Deff subscribing to this thread, i've always loved the color and look of the ass on this car :)

Carter, J.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
Zerocool;1465753 said:
Whats your plans for her now Nick?

I am actually thinking of buying a Masterpower t70 from my friend here in town, once he upgrades his. It has a .68a/r exhaust housing which would be perfect range and would not take long to spool, and with my goal of 450hp before I graduate high school.

The relay that was melted was labeled cooling fan and plugged into the harness. Is this for the hydro-fan?

*james*;1465807 said:
Yea that harness is a mess!

Its not so bad, just a little long and confusing at first.

nick88

JayHall's Hero
May 10, 2009
carter;1465683 said:
I knew this car had a bomex 3 hole lol but it looks like its in good hands. I would have tried and help you get ahold of the prev owner, but he chimed in and i completely forgot about this thread til tonight.

Deff subscribing to this thread, i've always loved the color and look of the ass on this car :)

Carter, J.

It did have the lip, but on the bumper all of the holes where you mount a lip are gone. :: angry :: So it must of got ripped off.

And the ass of the car looks good (look at my avatar)

Status
Not open for further replies.