New to the forums, too!

4RunnerGirl

Apr 19, 2010
Virginia
Hi, I've got an '89 Grey Supra that I bought for myself from an ex on my 40th birthday - guess it was a little mid-life thing - lol! Am in school full-time now but have been accumulating parts so I can completely restore the car as a graduation present to myself when I start my second career. Man are some of these part hard to find! Some things, like the reveal molding I can get from Toyota. What I'd like to try and get are:
1. mud guards - especially for the front.
2. glove compartment (grey)
3. weatherstripping (front and rear) for targa top
4. driver's power mirror assembly (or the little white clips that help stabilize it)
5. the molding that the driver's mirror is attached to (black strip that runs between the mount and body)
6. fuel door
7. black rubber, like, bushings that the back hatch door rests on
8. shocks for the back hatch

If anyone can help me locate these items, I would really appreciate it. Trying to keep the car completely stock. Thank you! Supras rock!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
# 3, 5, and 7 all can be had from the dealer still, and the costs aren't ridiculous.

# 1, 2, and 6, your best bet will be to keep an eye on the for sale section for someone parting out a car.

# 8... I seem to recall that I picked these up from Driftmotion, a vendor on here. Give Aaron a call and ask... I also vaguely recall that they were much more reasonable than I was expecting, but I'll be damned if I can recall what they cost.

#4. Hmm. To be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about there... is this something inside the actual exterior housing, behind the mirror glass? Got pics?

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
I knew as soon as I saw your username, this thread would be poplular. Welcome to SM. I am the classifieds moderator, so if you need any help, feel free to send me a PM. I like to help people, am tall, athletic, handsome, and like long walks on the beech.

4RunnerGirl

Apr 19, 2010
Virginia
Thanks to all! I'm sorry I have responded with anything more since my original post - I'm in school full time training for a new career (since manufacturing has gone down the tubes in this country), and I really haven't had time to breathe. I will keep an eye out for parts on this forum. One thing I don't understand about the organization of the site (and no offense to any admins because this is a VERY nice site), but there isn't a category JUST for body parts that I've seen. When you go into a parts link, there's all of these engine and transmission parts and weeding through all of the gears and bolts takes up a lot of time - more time than I've had. So, if there are any admins out there reading this - would you consider a place just for those hard-to-get body and interior parts?

And for the responses from the other females on the forums - women rock!

Dingoboy

Dec 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
Welcome to SM. Parts are becoming harder to find as the years pass, but it's so worth it to keep a Supra running and looking good.