Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reserved for update.

img0036wg.jpg

Last edited:

miekedmr

mkiii in hibernation
Jul 12, 2005
Upstate NY
Is there anything in particular you did with the last one that turned out to be a bad idea?

I was a big fan of your car and look forward to this one.

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
miekedmr;1924808 said:
Is there anything in particular you did with the last one that turned out to be a bad idea?

I was a big fan of your car and look forward to this one.

No, not really. Although I would give this advice:
As you get older, more things get in the way. The spare time/stamina/sacrifice that you give when you are 21 doesn't carry over to 31.
Also, try to keep your car on the road, do things in sections. Not driving for years is heart breaking.

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Current plan is to keep it for product development.

All aftermarket parts are planned to transfer to a lhd car that will be modded in stages, and never off the road.

I will say more when I know myself

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Kinda excited to see how this goes, I'm a hurting albertan too so maybe we'll see each other at a meet. Ialso seen you have a bunch of parts for sale I might look at once I get my car running again.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
cool, so is this black pre 89 your new ride? was the old car really that far from completion? I'm sure if you just made a list you could of had it all together with a couple months cracked down. but i know what you mean, I have a jdm mercedes that needs a whole new front clip and it's been sitting for two years at a shop with no progress been debating parting it out.

rodel

SoCal
May 19, 2005
SoCal
garagefujimoto;1924857 said:
No, not really. Although I would give this advice:
As you get older, more things get in the way. The spare time/stamina/sacrifice that you give when you are 21 doesn't carry over to 31.
Also, try to keep your car on the road, do things in sections. Not driving for years is heart breaking.

I can relate. The most important thing about owning a car is actually driving it.

Your new car looks like a great foundation. Good luck with the new project.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I fully agree with that, when I bought my MK3 last summer I rarely drove it because of the BHG and I spent my entire summer changing the head gasket with ARP studs, and every gasket that was in my path and seeing my MK3 in the garage torn down sucked big time because I wanted to drive it again badly. However, when I started putting it back together at the end of every night after spending the entire day working on it and seeing my progress before I turned off the lights was a great feeling and of course when I finally got to starting her up and hearing her purr is not comparable to anything. I took on that project at 22, I am 23 now, and I thought I was way in over my head when I started it but thanks to the great people on this forum I got through with minimal problems and she runs strong now and I drive her daily. When my friend gives me his 2jzge VVTI I plan to build it and get it ready for the swap so there is minimal downtime, I do not want to not drive the car for another 2 and a half months again.

I kind of went on a trip down memory lane there but I think it would help others like me who don't have a lot of experience with working on cars to help them build confidence in taking on a big task effectively. One thing I have noticed and appreciate on this forum is nobody is ever afraid to ask questions even if they have been answered, which is the opposite of what I have experienced and seen on SF. This forum feels like a community instead of an online forum.

Anyway, sorry OP and everyone for my rambling and I look forward to seeing your project blossom as well as everyone else.