New power!!!! 404HP 405ft lbs @ the wheels CT26 on 17.5lbs

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Ill be ordering a set of ARP head studs, they will be broken in on a spare engine on a stand and then installed on mine. Right now I have ARP bolts that have been reused by my brother 3 times and he bought them used when he was in the supra game a long while ago. So they have seen their use and are probably tired.

I'm going to Indiana for an event tomorrow but will be back Monday. Going to pull the head off take it to our shop clean it up new valve seals and put it on the machine to get decked. Hopefully it will only need 2 thou to be taken off to get it to a good surface again. It will get a new felpro with new studs (Im on ARP bolts right now) then a retorque after a few heat cycles.

Im planning on just pulling the motor and while im at it im going to replace the oil pump with a new GTE one

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
what event are you going to? if you have any extra time, stop on by the Chicago area, I could bring ya the hg haha ;D

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
Awww don't be depressed. what did you expect lol. Making that power, with e85, and at that boost with that hg :p. Don't give up. :D

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Devin LeBlanc;1746392 said:
And folks just like that you have another BHG. Sad to say im at a hard place right now and don't know what to do. Its going to be a hard decision but I might be selling the car :/ Im not to sure yet what im going to do.

AI-TR-PIN%20-%201.jpg

On a 7M a retorque is essential no matter what..... :nono:

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Is this event at IRP? Or ORP or whatever the hell they're calli9ng themselves today. lol Kinda pissed I'm in Illinois right now, I'd like to meet you. Not too many people still trying to push CT cars.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IJ.;1747021 said:
AI-TR-PIN%20-%201.jpg

On a 7M a retorque is essential no matter what..... :nono:

lol i have about 6-7k miles on my head job have yet to do a re-torque on my Arp head studs i torqued them to 100ft lbs originally.. maybe i should get on that.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
hmm whatever lube came with the arp kit so when i do the re-torque where should i torque it to? also on a felpro

But honestly i am not easy on the car at all and i have seen no problems yet..and it see's alot of abuse with track days and drifting and also being daily driven

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
IJ.;1747178 said:
Why on earth did you torque them to 100 ft/lbs then? :nono:

It's within the strength range of the studs no problems at all but the head ISN'T a solid block of aluminium...

head3.jpg

I believe some told me to do it on here at first but it was done to 90 ft lbs and a extra quater turn after that so assuming it is 90-100 ft lbs around there.. I havn't had a problem yet what should i watch for other then another BHG lol. Car is only on 13psi stock CT at the moment

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Devin LeBlanc;1649715 said:
You will have to get the block decked and the head decked as well to do a Metal head gasket.. Pop the head off, have it machined... Throw this on http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-7mgtestockheadgasket.php with some of these http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-arp203-4202.php and you will be set.. Torque to 90ft lbs properly per tsrm in order shown.. Make sure to remove the bolts in the order shown in the tsrm as well..

So this is what most had told me to do back in December so i did. My question is how big of a difference is 10 more ft lbs? and i'm sure we didn't go much more past 90.
But any how when doing the re-torque what should i go with? what steps should be taken? Do you crack the bolts first?

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
When you re torque back the individual bolt off and re torque it in sequence in tsrm. Dont loosen all your bolts at once and compromise the head gasket seal. Tighten to 90 ft/lbs.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Well I just got back from Indiana yesterday. Wish I would have had some time to do some other things out there, maybe meet John at MDC or something in indianapolis (right near where I was)

There was a terrible storm that came through on saturday night that killed 5 people at a concert in Indianapolis, we got hit with the same storm where I was at in Muncie, it was intense!

Just finished up doing a leak down and compression test and everything checks out okay.. Im boggled. There is absolutely no leak down to the cooling system from any of the 6 cylinders. Putting 130 psi of compressed air and not one bubble out of the funnel thats mounted on the radiator.

Compression is great to and all within 3%

cyl 1 165
cyl 2 166
cyl 3 168
cyl 4 170
cyl 5 168
cyl 6 165

Dunno why the cooling system is getting pressurized, but all seems well still..

I did a re torque on the bolts too and pulled a few out to make sure none of them were stretched. All intake side bolts were good, exhaust side were pretty loose, the loosest being 54 ft lbs. most 60-70 range. I love the snap on tech wrench! Best thing ever!

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Next test, pressurize your cooling system. Pin hole leak will cause a loss of pressure causing localized boiling causing rapid pressure rise.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Will do that, Running to the shop to get the cooling system pressure tester.

However on a side note no over heating, coolant temperature is around 180 with normal driving.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
So today Im cruising down the freeway when all of a sudden my car just starts running VERY rough. At idle it was shaking bad, I almost thought at first I had snapped a rod and the big end was swinging around on the crank it was shaking so bad. I babied it home and started going through things. Localized it to a misfire on cylinder 3 and 5. I knew right away it was electrical due to 3 and 5 being a batch fire pair. And knew it wasn't a coil as their pair is 2 and 5. I pulled out the harness and started checking continuity. Found a piece of wire was bad coming from the injector resistor so replaced it and re loomed the harness. It was corroded inside pretty bad once I slit off the insulation after removing it. Just finished up and car runs great again. Took it for a test drive and got a quick I phone video.

I let off fast because there was a cop in front of me. 18 PSI still spinning the Hankook Ventus at 60mph

[video=youtube;6ndi-iWRGf8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ndi-iWRGf8[/video]