closetnerd

35% Biotic
Feb 15, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm glad to finally be a supra owner. I bought a 1989 n/a automatic mk3, with targa top, apexi exhaust, and k&n intake. I bought as is, so unfortunately the owner before me also chopped the springs (I know, I know....).

I have large plans for this car; bought and will pick up a running 7mgte+5speed this Friday. Should be a fun swap.

As a side note, the car was bought for $1500 and the engine+tranny was $600 (also includes wiring harness and clutch brackets).

I'll keep everyone updated. :icon_bigg

l_4a26fe56a8c24bc3badcd600d7598053.jpg

l_dbf71662581947ad833ba142516b90e5.jpg

l_f78aefcceff44367bcd8a70dcd47b731.jpg

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
It's a 89???

A 89 With a pre 89 front bumper, nose and spoiler swap? Better check out the vin and make sure it isnt a 87-88 with 89+ tails and mirrors. Never the less it look pretty straight and targa FTW.

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
In 89 they changed from a 1 piece wing to 3 piece, the mirrors, and the front bumber got changed to rounder smoother look.

Your car has the pre89 bumper and rear wing. I cant remember your mirrors.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
New member..........Wow, that surgery must have been painful!

J/k The car looks great. It is a bit low, but stock ride height sucks. Stock will ride much better than what you have though. The pre 89 bumper is all the way across, and the 89+ is split, while the lines of the hood carry on all the way to the bumper.

closetnerd

35% Biotic
Feb 15, 2009
Thank you for the feedback.

Yes, the suspension is being changed while the motor is being swapped. I haven't decided if I want to go with springs+shocks or just save up another couple hundred dollars for the tein coilovers. Probably gonna be coilovers though. I hate chopped springs with a passion, but not enough to detour me from buying the car. In addition to the coilovers, sway bars and a lighter flywheel will also be purchased (along side the new head gasket and studs).

Once the engine is in and the suspension is changed out, its on to fuel delivery. :icon_bigg

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I'd save the extra couple hundred dollars for the coilovers, it will be worth every dollar. You may want to stay with the stock flywheel. For some applications, having a heavier flywheel can be beneficial (like drag racing with a manual transmission). But don't go by just my opinion, do your research.

closetnerd

35% Biotic
Feb 15, 2009
honestabe;1250262 said:
I'd save the extra couple hundred dollars for the coilovers, it will be worth every dollar. You may want to stay with the stock flywheel. For some applications, having a heavier flywheel can be beneficial (like drag racing with a manual transmission). But don't go by just my opinion, do your research.

Yeah, coilovers it is. As for the flywheel; I didn't know that about drag racing. I'm not planning on drag racing, just some casual autocrossing. I just saw the opportunity to swap the flywheel. I'll definitely read more about it though, thansk.:icon_bigg

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Wow, your car is LOW! hahah, I actually like it though, it looks beasty IMO. I just hate wheel gap. As good as it looks the way it is now, suspension upgrade is a must, I always hear bad things about cut springs. When you get the tein coilovers, just lower it to this height again. :evil2:

Welcome to SM and keep us posted with your build.

closetnerd

35% Biotic
Feb 15, 2009
Supra28;1251843 said:
Wow, your car is LOW! hahah, I actually like it though, it looks beasty IMO. I just hate wheel gap. As good as it looks the way it is now, suspension upgrade is a must, I always hear bad things about cut springs. When you get the tein coilovers, just lower it to this height again. :evil2:

Welcome to SM and keep us posted with your build.

Haha, well low is cool and all but I might bring the front up a little. It's rather tedious getting out of my neighborhood as I live on the side of a mountain surrounded by bumpy roads and speed bumps.