New job – I think it’s full of win

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
Well, I took the advice that was given to me by Supramania members a few months ago and distanced myself from my ‘Live for the moment’ mates and decided to think about the long term. As a direct result of this, I started to apply for apprenticeships in the motor industry, and I’ve just got a call back. It seems that come this September, I’ll be paid for learning how to working on these:

bentley_cgt.jpg

Yep, I’ve been offered a Service Technician apprenticeship at the largest Bentley dealership in the world, Jack Barclays in London and I’m pretty bloody stoked. I’ll have 3 years worth of training, 3 weeks a month will be sent at the dealership that is employing me to do general helping and hands on work and one week of theory based training at the factory at Crewe (200 miles away!). Once the three years are up, I become a fully certified Bentley technician, and get qualifications equivalent to the college degree

The money is going to be a bit tight, on the first year of training I’ll be earning £800 a month while living away from the parents in one of the most expensive city in the world, meaning that my insane car projects might have to wait (I wanted a V12 E32 BMW 750i :() to wait, but it’s a chance of a lifetime, and by the time I’m trained up in 3 years, I’ll be starting at £30,000 ($60,000 USD) a year, which I think you’ll agree won’t be a bad wage for someone who’s 20. It also means that I’ll be a pretty attractive prospect to employers in the US when I look to emigrate in a few years (when’s the last time you met a Bentley tech who was trained at the factory at Crewe?), so I have here the perfect start to life, pretty awesome eh?

Wish me luck ladies and gentlemen, I’ve got the last summer of my life as I know it to enjoy :).

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Shit... not bad.

have a bentley dealership down the road from my house... was going to buy one, but decided to do the house on the 30 yr mortgage instead. :icon_bigg

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
mkiiSupraMan18;1091201 said:
Shit... not bad.

have a bentley dealership down the road from my house... was going to buy one, but decided to do the house on the 30 yr mortgage instead. :icon_bigg

whooa....what? I must pay a visit and check out the Bentley's

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Congrats. That sounds like an awesome plan. I wish someone on Supramania would have told me twenty years ago to not be a construction worker.............:biglaugh:

Last edited:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I SAW a Bentley ONCE!

Congrats on making the right decision. Good luck with the training. Remember, nothing is guaranteed, you have to apply yourself to be able to see this through.You can do it! Good Luck!

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
IJ.;1091764 said:
Josh: After having seen your pic you didn't get the job based on looks ;)

Are you sure? I was certain that it was the brilliant smile that was demonstrated in that pic that landed me the place for sure.

Only 5/6 cars at a stateside dealership!? At the place where I'll be working, there were at least 20 Bentley/Rolls in the show room, and it's not even the proper dealership! Old Turbo Rs, Flying Spurs, they even had a Phantom in the corner. And then Out back in the service area, there must have been a further 20 - 30 Continental GTs - from what we were told, there has been about a million recalls on these since their launch, including a rather lovely fault with the AC unit that requires a FULL engine out rewire on the entire car, which judging by the swearing of the guy who was tasked with the job of working on the MASSIVE W12 engine (seriously, it looked 3 times the size on a 7M!), it isn't such a fun job :D. They also do restos on older cars too - A sheikh (sp) had sent his old S2 all the way from Dubai to be restored at the workshop.

I'm really looking forward to this!

Thanks for the comments guys, it means a lot :).

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Gratz. I see a bunch of bentleys around here, beautiful cars. Just remember that it is an expensive fix if you fuck it up.