New DriftMotion Exhaust

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
ah i see. you use it as a daily driver? if you are, id be careful wit that..i was reading up on the cali smog laws..they have like some kind of emissions scanner they are using..if you ever seen like a white van parked ont he side of the freeway they are measuring emissions and they use infared or some shit, if you dont have a cat you will pop up and they will ticket you. no cat = 2k fine i believe. im not 100% sure but this is what i heard and read upon. were there any high flow cats in stock at DM?

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I have 2 CATs
1 Is a Race 3" SS CAT
2nd Is a gutted OEM CAT but I welded a streight pipe through the middle of it.
If they look under the car they will see a visiual OEM CAT they are not going to unbolt it & inspect the material in it.
By the way never gut a CAT with out putting a pipe in it because the bulg will cause turbulences and pressure drop/ gas cool off.
As a result you are not releasing nearly any of the potential power gain.

If you drive around with it gone completely(I.e. Test Pipe) & no visual illusion to lead to the beliefe that there is a CAT on the car your asking for it.

Dopamine

Aug 22, 2009
Cali
Yea I might get a high flow cat to play it safe. The laws in California is ridiculous and the police is serious business out here.

Dopamine

Aug 22, 2009
Cali
I don't see any high flow cats on his website, but I see them at Sipracing for 180. Anyone know where I could get 3in high flow cats for cheaper? I prefer it somewhere around southern California so I could directly pick it up.

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
im pretty sure aaron can get it, give him a call..i was talking to him about my exhaust setup and he said he would be getting high flow cats back in stock. but yea give him a call so i dont have to :D

Dopamine

Aug 22, 2009
Cali
Yea I gave Aaron a call today and said he doesn't have them in stock. Actually he said that it's illegal now to ship high flow cats to California. There goes another ridiculous law for California. So now I'm debating whether to attempt to purchase the high flow cat from sip racing or getting adapter flanges for my stock cat.

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
aw shit..yea i feel you..im not trying to drop 200 bucks on a high flow cat though..i heard the difference between the high flow and a regular cat aint that much...i think im just gonna go with the adaptor..it makes it so its still a full 3" exhaust system right?

Dopamine

Aug 22, 2009
Cali
Actually I'm not sure if the adapter flanges would make it a full 3in exhaust system. I'm not exactly sure how that would work out but it was just a thought... Btw thanks for the site, but sipracingmailorder has it for 175, and the cats look very similar. What do you guys think about the universal high flow cats from magnaflow? However I see that they don't have the flanges; it's just circular endings.

Does anyone know where I could get a Supra 3in high flow cat for a great price in southern California? Seriously there's no place here that has them?

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
yea aaron sold his last one like a month ago. but if i recollect..he told me that using the flange adaptors would make it the full 3 inch. im not 100% about it though. give him a call haha

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1560114 said:
You can buy a high flow cat just specify for off road or racing purpouses only ; )
By the way here is where I bought my CAT I paid ~90 for it about 4yrs agon now its 185 but its a nice one.
http://www.exhaustdepot.net/edbol3higflo.html

Hey..just wondering..but were you able to pass smog recently with this cat??

Dopamine

Aug 22, 2009
Cali
I see that 935motors have the same cat for cheaper at around 165. But I'm just going to go with a 3in universal magnaflow cat and have a muffler shop weld flanges onto it.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Koenigturbo;1556531 said:
I own a "935" D.I.Y. exhaust, I don't see wrong with it. with this exhaust, I can control the sound of it by using a muffler of my choice. I can add/ delete resonator, if I want. With Tanabe or similar your stuck with the muffler/ resonator you get. DONT get me wrong, I love the way the Tanabe sounds,I'm just using that name for an example.

935 sells a china man v band exhaust too. Not just the diy one. Also was not saying anything about other than it looks like the same one. Also also if you buy a tanabe your buying it because you like the looks or the sound. Most people are not changing the muffler out for a different one once a month soo..

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
YoungGunSupra;1560146 said:
yea aaron sold his last one like a month ago. but if i recollect..he told me that using the flange adaptors would make it the full 3 inch. im not 100% about it though. give him a call haha

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Hey..just wondering..but were you able to pass smog recently with this cat??

I dont go through conventional smog If I had to I would
Smog it running E85 Fuel Map on standalone
Register my car in Blyth with a friends addy you only do smog 1 time the rest are exempt.
Have an easy to swap 7mge on stand by absolute worst case. or Even better just swap plates with some one with a passable supra. etc...
There is about a million ways to go around it if your smart enough but the simplest is finding the right Tech.

By the way I just got back from from DM this afternoon you wouldnt believe what I just bought!