New DriftMotion Exhaust

I6Boost

Apr 14, 2010
My Supra
YoungGunSupra;1556331 said:
are they any good? what does it sound like anyone know? cuz im just debating getting that one or the tanabe touring. but..id like to save money if i can :D

Not really sure but driftmotion never sells anything that would be shitty quality
and put bad rep on there name...

So i assume its alright, just dunno about the sound.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
hvyman;1556313 said:
Yea like the one 935 sells.

I own a "935" D.I.Y. exhaust, I don't see wrong with it. with this exhaust, I can control the sound of it by using a muffler of my choice. I can add/ delete resonator, if I want. With Tanabe or similar your stuck with the muffler/ resonator you get. DONT get me wrong, I love the way the Tanabe sounds,I'm just using that name for an example.

Last edited:

Dopamine

Aug 22, 2009
Cali
I'm heading to Driftmotion tomorrow to purchase this item and several others. I'll let you know how I like the exhaust. I'm planning to get it installed the same day or on Friday.

Dopamine

Aug 22, 2009
Cali
YoungGunSupra;1557583 said:
ah sweet! ^ lemme know!! are you getting the driftmotion downpipe as well? also are you using a high flow cat or what?
Most likely i'm just going to get the exhaust system, but depending on the price I might also get the downpipe. I already spent too much repairing my car and rebuilding the engine. Anyways, I'll be going there in a couple of hours to purchase the exhaust and several other items. After I get it installed, I'll try recording it. However I only have gopro cam (non hd), and the sound on it sucks...

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1557864 said:
I may get it I dont really like the looks of the muffler though.

I'm thinking that's the silencer sitting in there. I'd be interested in hearing inside & outside clips as well. That's not a bad price, even if it is a "china" exhaust ;)

Dopamine

Aug 22, 2009
Cali
Just purchased this yesterday and visually the exhaust looks good. And yes it comes with a muffler. Sadly I won't be able to get a sound clip until next week :(. Turns out when my mechanic put back on my harness, it was missing the 2 knock sensor plugs and I also need a new alternator plug. But so far I like the looks of the product, straight piping, and price!

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
So did you end up buying their Downpipe kit? also did you ju st use a test pipe or did you get one of the high flow cats? lemme know as soon as you hear it! if its that deep throaty note..omfg/.. ill get it :]

Dopamine

Aug 22, 2009
Cali
I didn't end up purchasing the downpipe kit..., though I'm regretting it now; I should have purchased it. I believe my whole exhaust system is stock, but I'm not 100% sure on that since I never checked under the car. And before anyone clowns on me for not knowing what's under the car, it's because my car was basically always at the shop being repaired since i owned the car. I think I only driven it for less than a month since I owned it haha... I also think I found a seller for the knock plugs and alternator plugs, so once that comes in I could get things rolling!

Dopamine

Aug 22, 2009
Cali
Yup it turns out my exhaust system was completely stock. So the downpipe is coming this monday and I'm hoping everything will be ready within the coming Friday!