Need to block off recirculating valve inlet on stock accordian

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
Anyone know what I need to block off that inlet on a stock accordian pipe. I will be putting on an intercooler kit, which has a bov and this is the only thing stopping me. I need to block off that inlet where the recirculating valve plugs into on the accordian.

Let me know, Thanks Bob

SUPERSNAIL

You have much to learn...
Nov 13, 2008
Albuquerque N.M.
huntin5L;1257938 said:
Anyone know what I need to block off that inlet on a stock accordian pipe. I will be putting on an intercooler kit, which has a bov and this is the only thing stopping me. I need to block off that inlet where the recirculating valve plugs into on the accordian.

Let me know, Thanks Bob

Autozone sells all different sized thick rubber caps, Just find one that fits, Thats what i did.

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
Crap, I am going to have problems venting to the atmosphere?? Assuming I need to put a hose from the bov to where the 3000 pipe would be, correct?

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
huntin5L;1258763 said:
Crap, I am going to have problems venting to the atmosphere?? Assuming I need to put a hose from the bov to where the 3000 pipe would be, correct?

Other way 'round.

It looks like that BOV does recirc. Just route the hose to the accordian and then you don't even have to worry about running to AZ, unless you don't have the hose and then you'll have to go anyways.

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
mkiii222;1258778 said:
Other way 'round.

It looks like that BOV does recirc. Just route the hose to the accordian and then you don't even have to worry about running to AZ, unless you don't have the hose and then you'll have to go anyways.

You can't see it, but there is no inlet on these new pipes like it has on the 3000 pipe. Just that long tubing coming off the bov that goes into, well look at the pic attached. This is how he had it running. Hopefully it will be fine.

Attachments

• 1989 Black Turbo 015.jpg
    1989 Black Turbo 015.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 36

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Me neither but I have a MAP sensor. Some things you can cheap out on, but when it comes to the mechanics of things Toyota did these things for a reason.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
What is going to happen when you don't recirc your BOV it will stall the engine. READ. Since your HKS (or china HSK) BOV is already set up with a nipple, just drive down to the parts store and buy a foot or two of bulk heater hose(.75 cents a foot) and attach one end of the hose to the BOV and the other end to the accordian hose where the OEM BOV hooks up. Then block off the hole in the 3000 pipe. and BAM your done, no stalling, no problems.

You ask for help or what is going to happen, and we tell you. Don't say "Screw it, I am going for it" :nono:. Rather say/post thank you for helping me.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
huntin5L;1258963 said:
Screw it, I am going for it. Others here have bov's and don't have any issues. We will see what happens.

you don't need to recirculate it, mine isnt, but you DO need to change the way you drive. You need to down shift and engine brake until your RPMs are low enough (around 2500), not to be boosting and clutch in...