Need some help. Quite a bit actually.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
I knew what you ment by adding fuel. Aha. I know my way around the neo somewhat.

Well I went to start the car after class today and got no pump prime. So I checked the pump. It seems like it was struggling somewhat on the way. I'm hoping that once I get this fixed it will be good to go. I'll get back to you when I have the rewire done. I didn't wire it in, but I'm thinking that the wiring used was to small for that pump. Anywho, I'll let you know when it's back up and running. And I'll do what you were saying with the fuel as well. Thank you

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Well the fuel pump today decided it didnt want to prime for me. I got the meter out and checked it. I got 9v to the pump on start but nothing happened. Pump is good. I pulled it off the car and gave it direct juice from bat, and it turned on. So I have to fix this.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
airhead04;1834295 said:
It was at 3.54vf. I adjusted for more fuel to drop the vf low. Ill pull the fuel out with the fpr (how i got the vf to adjust previously) and get it back up.
And that's why you can't tune closed loop with a piggyback.
-AM3

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
In closed loop, the ECU will cancel out any changes you make. Are you making changes in closed loop or are you making changes under high RPM/load?
-AM3

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Driving around today, I was at maybe 3kish and was adding/taking away fuel by the neo. Nothing would change though. I can't get on it hard because the holset spools so fast. I'm at 5 psi by 2k rpm.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
airhead04;1834354 said:
Driving around today, I was at maybe 3kish and was adding/taking away fuel by the neo. Nothing would change though. I can't get on it hard because the holset spools so fast. I'm at 5 psi by 2k rpm.
Because it was in closed loop.
-AM3

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Yeah you only want to tune 75% or more throttle I.e the reason I said to put the throttle points to 74% low and 75% high

And only mess with the high throttle map when tuning

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Turbo Habanero;1834390 said:
You have to be 75% or more throttle to stop the VF from taking control. 75% or more throttle is open loop

Yea, my throttle points are there. I just cant get my peddle to that poiint because of my afrs. There is obviously something wrong, lol. I just cant figure out why my car stays constant in 14s under a slight load. Im literally stumped at this point.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
That's normal

Check it out

Normal cruising 14.5-17 depending on tune and preference
Idle is normally 15-17
Slight load (under 75% throttle) will vary and stay lean

Full throttle (open loop 75% or more throttle) should be under 12 this is the area you are tuning.

This is one of the problems with the 7m ecu and tuning its the grey area of part throttle boost.

Jetjock I believe it was says you only should really worry about 70% and more throttle the rest the ecu will handle.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Turbo Habanero;1834400 said:
That's normal

Check it out

Normal cruising 14.5-17 depending on tune and preference
Idle is normally 15-17
Slight load (under 75% throttle) will vary and stay lean

Full throttle (open loop 75% or more throttle) should be under 12 this is the area you are tuning.

This is one of the problems with the 7m ecu and tuning its the grey area of part throttle boost.

Jetjock I believe it was says you only should really worry about 70% and more throttle the rest the ecu will handle.

Cruising, it is around mid to upper 14s.
Idle is mid to low 13s (set with vpc to around there)
Slight load, coming into 3 psi 25% throttle maybe? is 14s.

Now when letting off the throttle, it does that slight fuel dump, so I have a spike of lower afr readings, but then its right back to either cruising afr, or idle afr.

I have yet to go more then 25% throttle because it is just so lean when the boost comes on. And as I press the peddle more, it stays in mid 14s. Which worries me at this point because im at like 3 to 4 psi of boost.

I mean JJ, is a smart guy, but my ecu just ISNT adding fuel when it needs it, and I have no idea why. I've checked for vac leaks etc and have come up empty handed.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
So you have yet to go wide open throttle ?

Car seems normal idle is alittle rich but okay.

The fuel going rich when letting off gas is normal for afm cars not sure about map based with the vpc.

But it all seems normal my cars acts the same I can take a video for you if you like

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Turbo Habanero;1834404 said:
So you have yet to go wide open throttle ?

Car seems normal idle is alittle rich but okay.

The fuel going rich when letting off gas is normal for afm cars not sure about map based with the vpc.

But it all seems normal my cars acts the same I can take a video for you if you like

Correct on not going WOT yet. Like, I really want to, to at least see if the car will richen up but I am worried that it will be those few moments of lean that make the car have an untimely death you know?

Nah, no video is required, unless you want too! haha

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
airhead04;1834402 said:
Cruising, it is around mid to upper 14s.
Idle is mid to low 13s (set with vpc to around there)
Slight load, coming into 3 psi 25% throttle maybe? is 14s.

Now when letting off the throttle, it does that slight fuel dump, so I have a spike of lower afr readings, but then its right back to either cruising afr, or idle afr.

I have yet to go more then 25% throttle because it is just so lean when the boost comes on. And as I press the peddle more, it stays in mid 14s. Which worries me at this point because im at like 3 to 4 psi of boost.

I mean JJ, is a smart guy, but my ecu just ISNT adding fuel when it needs it, and I have no idea why. I've checked for vac leaks etc and have come up empty handed.
That part in bold comes with the caveat, for now. Because you set it with a piggy back, and that is part of closed loop, the ECU will eventually cancel out the adjustments you have made.
-AM3

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Ok, my only concern really now is, is why is the computer (TCCS) NOT adding the fuel when it needs too?

And the reason I say only concern now, is because, the neo from what Ive gathered between the 2 of you guys is, thatit wont be doing much until 75%+ throttle. So I am not going to worry about it to much right now.

Does that seem correct to do?