Need some help. Quite a bit actually.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
My buddy just pointed something out to me, I bought the VPC second hand from another member. It had a special wiring diagram needed fro it, because it wasnt the actual unit made for the 7m. Im thinking, the way it was wired in, it is causing the VPC to make the car stay around its set tune on it. Meaning, I set the car to idle at mid 13s. And it goes up to mid 14s, but nothing higher or lower.

So possibly the way I wired in the VPC, it is causing the car and vpc to fight eachother?

Does that make sense?

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Turbo Habanero;1834427 said:
I don't no much about the VpC but i thought they were universal like the SAFC you just need the correct ROM

Correct. But I meant the harness used to connect it to the engine harness is not the technical correct one. I have the 550 rom in there. So I should be fine.

Another MkIII

Feb 22, 2009
Chicago
airhead04;1834421 said:
My buddy just pointed something out to me, I bought the VPC second hand from another member. It had a special wiring diagram needed fro it, because it wasnt the actual unit made for the 7m. Im thinking, the way it was wired in, it is causing the VPC to make the car stay around its set tune on it. Meaning, I set the car to idle at mid 13s. And it goes up to mid 14s, but nothing higher or lower.

So possibly the way I wired in the VPC, it is causing the car and vpc to fight eachother?

Does that make sense?
YES! The car will always fight a piggyback in closed loop. Any piggyback, any climate, any day of the week.
-AM3

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Well, I said screw it today and forced the car to go to 100% throttle. lol. ANNNNNDDDDDDD 11.68 to 11.75 afr!

I have noticed though I cannot roll into boost. Its either I pound the gas, or it runs lean rolling into it. =/