Need help with 1.5jz build

wesbeech

Beech Performance Motorsports
Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
For some reason its not doing what i want it to so why are you shifting so early huh huh? :3d_frown:

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
suprahero;891728 said:
not right now. I think the gt35r will do good for me since I'm only wanting to make about 480-500 rwhp on pump gas. Hopefully I can obtain this safely at about 17-18 psi.

i was just curious because you asked annoyingrob about his set-up(gt4088).i'm bolting my pte61 off my 1jz on a 2jz.i'm hoping to get some fast spool for a fun street car.good luck and i enjoy seeing the new part's;)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
wesbeech;893953 said:
For some reason its not doing what i want it to so why are you shifting so early huh huh? :3d_frown:

The first time I shifted from second to third is because I was spinning and there is no sense in staying in it just to spin more. Then when I was spinning in second again, I shifted to third and shifted at about 5000 into fourth, but only because I was in the city limits and we have way too many cops. Speed limit is 50 and they would put me under the jail for doing seventy. If I'm racing someone, I usually shift at around seven grand, but I've never had to stay in it yet. I've usually won before I hit seven grand............:biglaugh:

Tsuper, I'm keeping my gt35r for a while anyways. I may change later on, but it won't be anytime soon. I may change the a/r to a larger size if I start losing boost up top. I won't know until I get everything together and see how it runs.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
suprahero;894061 said:
Tsuper, I'm keeping my gt35r for a while anyways. I may change later on, but it won't be anytime soon. I may change the a/r to a larger size if I start losing boost up top. I won't know until I get everything together and see how it runs.

jay what a/r on the exhaust side of your gt35.my 61 has a .59a/r and i think it's gonna hurt up top.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yeah, I think it's .68 and I'm thinking about changing it, if I need to, to a .81, but I'm going to wait and see how it performs like it is. It will probably be too small though.

Joe, I thought you and me were brothers. Now you're just trying to hurt my feelings.......:wtc:

I did order some tires for the back yesterday. I ordered two Goodyear Eagle F1's. They were ranked number one in one poll and third in another. They have the best traction rating you can have for a street tire and they are speed rated to 186mph. Hopefully my second and third gear wheel spin will be a thing of the past.

Matt, everything is going good. Thanks for asking. I hope everything is going better for you and your family. For what it's worth, I've been saying a prayer for you and your mom.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
1j sc4;894150 said:
he doesn't know the AR.

I'll call Aaron right now and see what it is, just so I know in case someone ever asks me what it is..........:sarcasm:

I've only been asked about a hundred times, and I never think to ask Aaron when I"m talking to him.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
buckshotglass;894160 said:
... Matt, with the uppercut.:)

I didnt even notice that. He's got me twice in two days. He posted yesterday about needing a calendar to chart my quarter mile times..............:nono:

My a/r is .81. I just got off the phone with Aaron.

Matt, I still love you.............:biglaugh:

Here it is:
st2b;892366 said:
Other than that, I will probably never have the feeling of riding in an 8 second car in my life. I think the fastest thing I've ridden in was Jay's Supra, but you would need a calender to track how long it would take to run the 1/4!
:D

SupraFan55

Inline Engine Enthusiast
May 1, 2007
Florida
suprahero;894182 said:
I didnt even notice that. He's got me twice in two days. He posted yesterday about needing a calendar to chart my quarter mile times..............:nono:

My a/r is .81. I just got off the phone with Aaron.

Matt, I still love you.............:biglaugh:

Here it is:

Do you mean .82 Jay since the GT35 comes in .63, .82 and 1.06 a/r's for the T3 and .82 a/r for the T4 Version? I haven't seen a .81 available as an option, not like it makes a difference on spooling as the sizes are only .01 off...just skimping on the details. :icon_bigg

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
suprahero;891547 said:
Rob from Canada, do you have a build thread on your 1.5jz that I can look at? Do any of you guys have one available on here or Supraforums? Rob, how much power are you making with your setup? Thanks, Jay
I have a build thread on another forum, but I don't really want to link to it. The forum's full of morons who make stupid comments on everything. There's a thread in this section I made which more or less summarizes the thread. It was a 1JZ build thread, then I wrecked the bottom end, and went 1.5JZ.

As for the water neck, I used the neck off of a 2JZ. I have a complete 2JZ motor that I WAS going to install, but when I realized that my really nice 1JZ HKS long runner manifold wouldn't fit on the 2JZ, I kept the 1JZ head.

As for power, I haven't dyno'd it. It was making 400whp@15psi on the 1JZ bottom end, so I would put it in the high 400s with the 2J bottom end. This spring, I'm going to get it tuned to 22psi, and see if I can hit 600whp.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Here are a couple of pictures of random things I did this weekend.

First of all, I bought two new Goodyear Eagle F1 for maximum traction out of a street tire.
p901583_1.jpg

I also redid all of my wiring mess that was in my engine bay. Not many of you have ever seen the mess, because I avoided it with my camera. You can however see how clean it is now that I've moved it all up under my fender well. It looks so much better to me.........:love:
p901583_2.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I went by and checked on my block today. They received the ARP rod bolts and were going to install them and the pistons today. The block should be completely assembled tomorrow. I'm waiting on my 1jz gasket set so that I can have my head rebuilt also. He's also checking on the price of new valve springs since I have been informed by a couple of people that the valve will remain open under boost if the springs are weak. The machinist is also going to check the springs before we order any to make sure that I need them.
Thanks for checking in, and remember to tip your waiter before leaving.

Last edited: