Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Jostar;1066497 said:
BOOOOOO on the auto.
Don't be hatin.........:biglaugh:
jdub;1066509 said:
^^^ Another non-believer ;)
He shall see the light if and when I get this done. Right now, everyone I need to talk to is on vacation........:3d_frown:
Mk3runner;1066540 said:
hey if its 1320 its auto for high hp, I like manuals but drag strip its auto you know.

sorry guys I'm kinda drunk right now! :icon_evil:icon_mad::icon_razz:icon_surp:love: cuz it looks cool

Drunk and disorderly.........I'm sentencing you to four hours of community service..........:biglaugh:

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
Lol...... I'm a manual type of guy, Not a fan of auto, I have met people with TH400s & have told me if they ever get another Supra they rather have manual than live with the torque converter issues & the heat problems they created, Jay i'm not hatin bro... Good luck, & hopefully i'll meet you in texas ( that's my dream, go to texas with my poopra)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I haven't ruled out another clutch, but I'm losing faith in them fast. I can't afford what they want for an adapter plate right now. The adapter plate by itself cost the same as a brand new clutch and pressure plate.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Ouch! Jay, sorry to hear. Are you sure is not an OE? (Operator Error :biglaugh:)

I would never go auto, unless I was making a drag car. I love shifting too much, and is not the same shifting 3 speeds on an auto.

That's just my opinion. I'm more of an Auto-X type person.

Hope everything comes out good for you Jay.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Sorry Kristel, but I had to start a new thread to find out the answer to a few questions. I dont' deserve any happy dances until I get it running perfectly. You'll be the first to know when I do though..........:naughty:

Slow_Sc3

I beat bikes dude
Apr 2, 2005
Maryland
dang still no luck :( you have my phone number give me some calls if you have any questions my 1.5 is still running just fine.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Matt, I don't have your number anymore. My phone crashed. If you get a chance send me a pm with your number. Thanks.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
aint it a sad day when your phone crashes? I mean damn, since when does a phone crash... its just a phone... thats why every now and then you write them all down on paper and store it somewhere safe...

had it happen to me once, damn phone.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
No, mine actually crashed. I cut my finger real bad at work and fell off of a not so high walkboard and landed on it...........crunch. My 196lbs fat ass 1 - phone 0.

It crushed the screen and nobody could retrieve my numbers for me. They aren't saved to a sim card, there saved to the phone's memory.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
suprahero;1137458 said:
No, mine actually crashed. I cut my finger real bad at work and fell off of a not so high walkboard and landed on it...........crunch. My 196lbs fat ass 1 - phone 0.

It crushed the screen and nobody could retrieve my numbers for me. They aren't saved to a sim card, there saved to the phone's memory.

O snap!
What service do you have? Just have them DL all the data from the phone. Most services can do this if the phone is turned on...
yea thats all the help I can give with this thread, your build is WAY over my head.

gdc5ind

Sep 6, 2008
van nuys cali
Updates????

You should really think of summarizing this thread so we can see the outcome of this 1.5 build.

Did you ever figure out what detonated your 1.5? As of right now what motor setup are you running( rods, pistons ,block, and head) and how many miles are on the motor?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
gdc5ind;1201371 said:
Updates????

You should really think of summarizing this thread so we can see the outcome of this 1.5 build.

Did you ever figure out what detonated your 1.5? As of right now what motor setup are you running( rods, pistons ,block, and head) and how many miles are on the motor?

Too much compression, too much boost, too much piston to cylinder clearance, too much timing..........it wasn't just one thing.

As of now, I'm running with:
pt67 turbo
SARD 624cc injectors
Stinger EMS
Tial bov
Tial 44mm wastegate
3" exhaust
3" downpipe
Drewgo manifold
ACT extreme pp, and clutch disc
and that's about it.

I dyno'd yesterday and made 467rwhp, 444 torque @ 17psi. with very conservative timing.