Need help in identifying a pic.....

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I've got a bunch of know-it-all jack-apes on another forum that are giving me grief about a pic on their forum. They couldn't identify their asses with a flashlight-armed cattleprod.

The car is in white, with an MKIV pic for comparison.

conv16.jpg

Silver_Supra_L396_WGO_001.jpg

I've already told them that this was a Supra with an aftermarket front end, but they don't have a clue. Initially, it looked to me that someone stuck a Soarer front end on it because that emblem looks like one, but I couldn't find anything like it done to other MKIV's. Then they started tearing my ID apart, asking me if I knew what a Soarer was, to which I showed them the obvious wiki info AND included a pic of an MKIII "Soapra", showing that people have been adding Soarer front ends to Supras in the past.

The ass on this car is a Supra MKIV, no doubt, but what is that bumper?

Drake69

Enjoyin' mah ride...
Aug 24, 2009
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I dunno. Shadows and lighting on the front are about right. I see where it's clipped at the joint between the hood and the top of the nose. It's either a good "shop" (edited pic) or a bad "chop" (install).

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Drag the picture into a text editor, old trick I've used many times to get a little more info...

To me the bumper and hood don't match the white of the rest of the car. Who is going to go through that much effort and money and end up with 3 shades of White? Or, go through that much effort and only show off a single low res picture of it that happened to originate in photoshop?

wterryinftey

Workin on It
Apr 19, 2010
Pell City, Alabama, United States
i picked the brain of a body shop friend and let him see the pic and he called a mutual friend in orlando just to ask if he had even heard of a skyline to supra swap and there is indeed a 96 supra rollin around orange county FL with this same butcher job (NOT THE SAME CAR JUST THE SAME FRONT CLIP GRAFT) and yes it is an absolute shameful thing to do to a supra!!!! but i have to say as a fabricator by hobby and previous profession i have to say that they actually put some time in on that car....that was a lot of metalwork. Ive had a swap planned for a while for my DD (99 Chrysler sebring coupe) the last DSM swapping my factory front fenders,headlights hood and bumper for those off of a Mitzu 3000GT (yes they fit the cars are stamped the same,where it counts, anyways) I already have the metal, just waiting on the headlights(not priority 1)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Looks like a photoshop to me. The hood and fascia are a different white, and it's pretty much the same pic as this, just a bit different. This pic is the first thing I thought of when I saw it:

p1560379_1.jpg

I6Boost

Apr 14, 2010
My Supra
shaeff;1560379 said:
Looks like a photoshop to me. The hood and fascia are a different white, and it's pretty much the same pic as this, just a bit different. This pic is the first thing I thought of when I saw it:

p1560740_1.jpg

How wow, i bet that really fucks with people..

Is it a MKIV with a MK3 Front end, or a MK3 with a MKIV rear? haha.