need help, hand brake wire not connected.

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
a few months ago my 87 turbo couldnt pass an inspection because my hand brake light wouldnt go off, so i took out the light in dash light bulb and took my car to another shop. the new shop didnt notice that my hand brake light didnt come on so i go the inspection. i notice that the little swith under the brake handle was broken so i swapped it out with one from another car. when i pulled out the broken swith the wire was not connected. at this point my donor car was already been towed to its grave so i couldnt use it as a reference.im getting ready to install my turbo timer can someone tell me what original factory wire does the brake switch run to in order for the light on the dash to come on and off? . what color? and where at? do i directly connect this wire to the brake wire of my greddy timer? i tried searching sm and only find instruction of how to wire up a timer, couldnt find a color chart or color of brake wire on an 87 turbo. thanks in advance.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
^---yeah, but we don't have physical safety inspections...

here, they just make sure you have a cat, a working EGR and make sure the CEL isn't on...

if it passes the sniffer it's good to go...

ImperfectSupra

May 19, 2007
Virginia Beach
i meant to ask what wire does the little switch from under the break handle run to, what color is it and is it by the speaker wire harness behind the stereo dash, the swith wire was broken off and i couldnt find the wire it is suppose to hook up to. im talking about the switch that tells u when your hand brake is engage or not engage. i just got my turbo timer harness and want to hook it up soon thanks.