need help asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

gersain

Sep 1, 2011
Humble, Texas, United States
I get fuel cut at 3k rpm and just installed the lexus afm it didn't change anything and no I didn't do 550cc injectors I thought hat with the afm I shhould at least be able to rev past 3000rpm

If you view, reply with an opinion there's no point to a forum if 500 ppl view the post and I only get 5 replies plz reply

spooln30

Sep 28, 2006
milwaukee,WI
Yeah even if you had the injectors installed you still need to adjust the air screw ion the bottom of the lex MAF. Turn it all the way in and back out 1 1/2 turns. Start from there and adjust as needed.

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
Lexus AFM Housing = About 25% more air to your engine than the computer thinks
550cc Injectors = About 25% more fuel to your engine than the computer thinks

Still keeps the same mixture. +25%/+25%

440cc Injectors = No adjustment +/-

You will screw up your air fuel mixture.

There's no reason to do this.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
spooln30;1760950 said:
Yeah even if you had the injectors installed you still need to adjust the air screw ion the bottom of the lex MAF. Turn it all the way in and back out 1 1/2 turns. Start from there and adjust as needed.

No.

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
yeah take the lex afm out, swap electronics off it to the stock housing and go from there. your running lean without the extra fuel to make up for the extra air.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Poodles;1760973 said:

Actually Poodles, Yes.

http://suprasonic.org/lexusriemer/lexusnotes.html

When you install the SONiC screw turn it in so that it is down as far down as it will go in the AFM body. Then back it out 1.25 turns. This is where you will need to have the screw set on most cars with stock fuel pumps and pressure.

It's the same method Reg himself used when developing the mod in the first place.

jonahs_supra

May 17, 2011
Lancaster, Ohio, United States
With all the Lexus AFM swap threads with good explanations on how and why certain components are needed
Why would you still not listen and install AFM without bigger injectors?

Just like everybody else has pointed out 550's, screw adjustment and some sort of piggy back fuel tuner is needed to get the setup to work

Do as heavy man said
Boost leaks caused me to fuel cut at 3000rpm too
If your original AFM was bad then just simply swap the good AFM sensor(black box) into original AFM housing
Then check for boost leaks

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Kai;1760985 said:
Go back to the stock AFM. The Lexus AFM housing *HAS* to go with the 550cc injectors, else it just won't work.

Oh, it'll work, and he should be able to rev well over 3K. It's just a time bomb though (lean is nice and fast, right before it goes BOOM)

Kai;1760986 said:
Actually Poodles, Yes.

http://suprasonic.org/lexusriemer/lexusnotes.html

It's the same method Reg himself used when developing the mod in the first place.

Actually no. That was before cheap tuning devices, the lexus/550 mod is usually done with a walbro, so runs rich as hell so a smaller screw would only make it worse, and he was selling the screw. The screw is only there to fine tune the AFM, has nothing to do with tuning the TCCS, and is a bad idea to mess with.

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Poodles - are you just not comprehending? IT WORKED. Sure, there were no cheap things like SAFC's etc to assist the fuelling more, but the point is, it worked, and worked fine. Am i running a SAFC? Nope. But i'm running a 255 pump and the lex with a screw without problems.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Op: you seriously swapped only the and housing and nothing else? How did you think that would work? I'm confused how you knew enough to know about the afm swap, but not enough to know that it only works with bigger injectors.

If you dont understand exactly how a modification works, don't do it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
Some stuff I'd like to point out to the op
1. You put a lex afm on without 550s
2. You obviously knew that you needed 550s as you knew we were going to give crap for not putting them on.
3. Search feature is very useful in a situation like this, many people have posted lex afm issues on this forum take some time and search
Last but not least, just because you post something does not warrant you an answer. I've been here a while and although I have not posted much I understand the rules. Don't expect an answer. Ask a valid question that is thorough and concise, and you will receive the same in answer forum. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Kai;1761023 said:
Poodles - are you just not comprehending? IT WORKED. Sure, there were no cheap things like SAFC's etc to assist the fuelling more, but the point is, it worked, and worked fine. Am i running a SAFC? Nope. But i'm running a 255 pump and the lex with a screw without problems.

AS did him replacing the crystal in the ECU to raise the rev limit, which we know today is a terrible thing to do. The info is over a decade old, a lot has changed.

gersain

Sep 1, 2011
Humble, Texas, United States
im in high school im not rich or have great income the rc injectors will get here around early oct i knew i needed them but i have just recently bought the car with my own money if i could i would just do a full build i just also finished the vacumm leaks

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
You can run a Lexus AFM without 550s. You just have to add a ton of fuel via a FPR and whatever piggy back you want and tune the car with a wideband. 550s make it a safe bolt on setup.

Check your codes, post them. Build a boost leak tester and check for boost leaks. I've been in your shoes, but these cars really do not like half ass mods. I've blown up enough to know. One of my cars had a bad knock sensor and the wiring was shot. It would fuel cut bad above ~2800 RPM. But, this will easily show up if you check your codes. All it takes is a paper clip and two minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.