Nebraska/Iowa Supras

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I was working on my car and now it wont start.. maybe someone can come help me troubleshoot?? Lol

I seem to not be getting fuel, but I am getting spark. I have no CEL when the key is on, but I think that's a separate issue, seeing as I still have spark.

Looking at wiring diagrams, it seems the only place where all six injectors could be affected is +B. I have power at the check connector, and the body harness to engine harness plug (engine side of firewall, not by ECU, haven't checked that), but I haven't checked for 12 volts at the fuel injector resistor. Something is telling me that somehow I'm not getting 12 volts there. Anywhere else and it could only affect 2 injectors, unless all of my injector wiring fubard all at once....

After 3:21, I'll be running over to the shop and checking over wiring / fuel injector resistor. Wish me luck!

Sent from my terrible HTC Rezound using Tapatalk. Don't buy HTC...

Last edited:

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Well.. I have 12 volts to the fuel injector resistor. I was driving home and it cut out... Threw my test light on it and yup.. voltage.

Now I did notice something odd. The CEL went out when the engine died. I cranked it and no CEL. Then very very faintly it started glowing. Could it be a bad ground causing all these weird issues?

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
I swear.. I checked the intake grounds about 6 times.. I looked at them for one final time and noticed I could rotate them. Busted out a 12mm, tightened the bolts and it fired right up. Woops.

Sent from my terrible HTC Rezound using Tapatalk. Don't buy HTC...

Supra mn

Oct 10, 2012
Jacksonville/Nebraska
There's a couple of us here in Omaha.
I have an '89 white package turbo, somewhat BPU. It's decently fast, but its damn clean.
A friend of mine has a '91 turbo, also white. His is quite a bit faster, you might've seen him at ICC or down at MAM later that night.
I've seen a pre89 blue N/A around town, never met them.
There's an anthracite mkIV around here, If i remember correctly its N/A and auto, but I love the color and cleanliness of it.
I met a guy down at U-pull-it who said he had a black mkiii. Didnt speak to him long and didnt see the car, but that just means there's another one around here.
There was a red mkIV around here, built to hell. Saw that at the beginning of last summer, havent seen it since.
I remember a maroon mkiii, i believe pre89. Paint was a little faded, but i know the thing was built. 7m from hell. Pretty sure I heard he sold it, but I have no idea. So many rumors these days.
There's a few mkIV's at Sublime Speed Technology. Not sure if they're customer cars, or personal projects for them.
And finally, from what I can remember, there's a black mkIV that rolls with 1320video. Never seen it in person since I haven't been able to make it to too many cruises this season, but I hear its built pretty well.
Right now, that's all I can think of. Surprisingly, there's quite a few supras rolling around this place. It seems like wherever I go with my car, I hear stories about "I used to have one of these things, I loved it!" or, "a buddy of mine had one of these cars a while ago." Even quite a few of the "I have a mkiii just like this sitting at home. I've been building the engine for a while but I should be getting it up and running soon!"
Looking around on these forums, im not surprised at the amount of those stories Ive heard, though.
Anyways, I'll be looking for you around town! Glad to see theres more than a few actually running mkiiis around here.

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
Supra mn;1934242 said:
A friend of mine has a '91 turbo, also white. His is quite a bit faster, you might've seen him at ICC or down at MAM later that night.
I saw this car at icc last year. Could never catch up with the owner. We ended up bringing 3 supras last year. Hopefully 4 or 5 this year.

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
Supra mn;1934242 said:
There was a red mkIV around here, built to hell.

I've seen this one in the shop of running wild motor sports in Elkhorn while it was being swapped from auto to manual....just got a quick glimpse but the motor was beautiful... BIG single.

aka paco

Supra mn;1934242 said:
I have an '89 white package turbo, somewhat BPU. It's decently fast, but its damn clean.
I've seen a pre89 blue N/A around town, never met them.
There's an anthracite mkIV around here, If i remember correctly its N/A and auto, but I love the color and cleanliness of it.
I met a guy down at U-pull-it who said he had a black mkiii. Didnt speak to him long and didnt see the car, but that just means there's another one around here.
There was a red mkIV around here, built to hell. Saw that at the beginning of last summer, havent seen it since.
I remember a maroon mkiii, i believe pre89. Paint was a little faded, but i know the thing was built. 7m from hell. Pretty sure I heard he sold it, but I have no idea. So many rumors these days.
There's a few mkIV's at Sublime Speed Technology. Not sure if they're customer cars, or personal projects for them.
And finally, from what I can remember, there's a black mkIV that rolls with 1320video. Never seen it in person since I haven't been able to make it to too many cruises this season, but I hear its built pretty well.
Right now, that's all I can think of. Surprisingly, there's quite a few supras rolling around this place. It seems like wherever I go with my car, I hear stories about "I used to have one of these things, I loved it!" or, "a buddy of mine had one of these cars a while ago." Even quite a few of the "I have a mkiii just like this sitting at home. I've been building the engine for a while but I should be getting it up and running soon!"
Looking around on these forums, im not surprised at the amount of those stories Ive heard, though.
Anyways, I'll be looking for you around town! Glad to see theres more than a few actually running mkiiis around here.

Thats cool I did meet someone that said they have a white mk3, they also have a scion Frs. Is that your friend?

aka paco

hey guys, officially took my catback off, replacing it with a greddy catback, just wanted a different look and sound..

but here's a pic of what i have,

$275

HKS Super Dragger full bolt on 3" catback

index.php

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
I'm in the Omaha area. Haven't been on this site in months as ive been working on other projects. I am trying to get my car up and running again though (of course that seems to be what all supra owners say).

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
emericaskater285;1942026 said:
sounds like the four of our supras in the des moines area are going to be all back together this weekend

If I can get this damn transmission cooler line to seal up!

NewGen

Apr 6, 2007
Norwalk, IA
emericaskater285;1942040 said:
Crank that bitch down Matt!

We could take that hard line, shorten it and reflare it, and run an adapter to a stainless AN line to the trans.

Were throwing it on the lift tomorrow night and trying again. Hopefully will get boost control wired up tomorrow night. If I get my trans cooler line fixed I'm going to order a shift kit Friday. Hopefully have it in for next weekend and it'll be time for real power.

Were closing on our house July 15th so its going to be a very busy month. I should have the car most of the way done for ICC. Planning on trailering it since I have no overdrive.