NA valve covers + coilpack relocate

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Just spent a couple days swapping to N/A valve covers, trying to make the bay a little cleaner. Here's a couple pics in case anyone is interested. When I get some more cash I will use tookwik's coil system for sure, but this was kind of fun. Any questions?

progress3rh6.jpg

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Pssh my colors are awesome. Yes the writing which looks very cool. No ugly coil pack dent or studs. There is an indentation where the 3000 pipe would set so I could fit my 3" pipe better. The PCV is moved back which does a great job of holding my coil plugs in.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Okay, I'll give a brief rundown for now and go in more depth if anyone wants it.

I got rid of the factory coil pack mounting plate, and made a bracket to bolt to the lip at the back of the firewall. The way they sit , you can just reverse the stock plug wires. Still keep 1-6-3-4-2-5, but the wires you use will be opposite.

The PCV system will have to be modified, but I think most people do that anyway. Mine routes 2 into 1, then to a catch tank under the headlight, then back to the accordian pipe. As mentioned, the new pcv location holds the coil plugs in good.

The harness for the igniter needs to be extended about a foot, no big deal. The only other tricky thing is the throttle cable. I reused the stock bracket and linkage, just modified them to work. I moved the bracket to right before the throttle body, and mounted it on the head and intake manifold with brackets. I shorted the arm on the linkage to like 2". It still maintains the factory throw, and I haven't had any problems yet.

catback

Mar 30, 2005
bitterville
staticpat said:
Pssh my colors are awesome. Yes the writing which looks very cool. No ugly coil pack dent or studs. There is an indentation where the 3000 pipe would set so I could fit my 3" pipe better. The PCV is moved back which does a great job of holding my coil plugs in.

you can keep the turbo cam cover and not have any ugly studs showing;)
the wires have now been tucked under my FFIM.:icon_bigg
p562428_1.jpg