My supra was hit today.. yup. (PICS)

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
wow. i like to say that im not attached to a huge piece of scrap metal, but if that were to happen to me i would probably lock my self in my house for a week.

roundfinger

Supramania Contributor
Aug 23, 2006
Pensacola, Florida, United States
Sorry it happened to such a clean car! Whatever you do i hope the insurance co does right by ya and you can either buy it back & repair it or buy it back and part it out to us and use your insurance Loot and our contributions to get your mkIv.

chefma70

Mar 19, 2008
Florida
i can tell u really wanna join the darkside..... id prefer a clean pre 89 shell and 10 grand before i ever drive a mkiv

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
ahh man thats terrible!

..actually, its NOT terrible, and is quite fixable, like others are saying.

your car was really clean tho man! dont let it die.. the supra has an erie tendency to make you think youre done with it and then latch on emotionally in the long run.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Like I said, don't let em total it out.

I notice the interior is missing in the back, put everything back in and make it looks as GOOD as you can as it will make a difference on the value of the car...

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Nope. As hard as it is for me to say it, the car means nothing to me now as it will never be an original body again. I have to wait until I get the police report on tuesday to start the insurance process. I'm going to buy it back and sell it as a whole, or maybe part it out. So, keep a look out in the FS section. Thanks for the kind words, guys.

I think I may take a happy little trip over to FD3S land. Always wanted one of those!

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
man ct that sucks. i had a car hit a couple tears ago the adjuster was gonna total and i asked them not too. they wrote me a check for 5 bucks less than kbb value. i fixed it for thoudsands less the they gave me and ended up with some extra cash.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Fix the car, then decide if you'll sell or not.

You'll get a whole lot more for the car if it's straight, leading to you having more money to buy something else if you want...

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Poodles;1152835 said:
Fix the car, then decide if you'll sell or not.

You'll get a whole lot more for the car if it's straight, leading to you having more money to buy something else if you want...

Sadly, it doesn't seem he gives a shit either way. Too bad I'm too far to buy it from him...

Who

Supramania Contributor
The subject of our cars getting totaled for even the slightest damage keeps coming up. Obviously CTsupra's car is repairable. (Sorry CTsupra) I have seen train wrecks at the body shop and if the car is new or if the math $$ works out they repair them. So what can we do to cover ourselves for the undervalue or low ball value the insurance companies put on our cars? The insurance rules probably vary state to state but if any of the members work in the insurance field it would be nice to hear their suggestions.

fool'ssupra

Building It
Sep 14, 2008
Maryland
According to RideSafely, a company that buys insurance write-offs and resells them, a lot of insurance companies consider a car totaled when the cost to repair it exceeds 75% of the Blue Book value.