My Supra timeline.. The addiction continues with 12+

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Just picked up another Supra today and it got me reminiscing about Supras of past. Some before and after pics, enjoy:

1st Supra 1987 N/A auto. Back when purple added hp...oops. At least it was a clean body (need to scan some photos)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

2nd Supra 1990 Turbo 5spd. The car of my dreams. Bought it on Ebay BIN. Still have a copy of the ad somewhere. Still have, reworking right now..

sm_photo_missing.jpg
p1164979_1.jpg

3rd Supra, 1988 Turbo 5 spd. Put a t3 turbo, jdm header (not ebay), etc. SOld to Tim.

p1164979_2.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg

4th Supra, 1988 Turbo 5spd. Building for my brother, gt4082, .060, 1mm O/S, etc.

sm_photo_missing.jpg
p1164979_3.jpg

5th Supra 1988 n/a 5spd, parts car. Scrapped. No pics...

6th Supra 1989 Turbo Auto. First one that I really fixed. Sold to a local guy who sadly, still owes me money on it a few years later.:madfawk:

sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg

7th Supra, 1986 n/a auto. Parts car to rebuild the 89. Sold to onedime..

8th Supra. 1988 Turbo 5spd. Boat Metallic green... UGLY!! Too bad I didn't get any pics. Bought at auction, sold within a few weeks.

9th Supra 1989 Turbo 5spd. Picked up and had to put together from a guy who was going to part it. Also sold to Tim.

sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
10th Supra 1989 Turbo 5spd. Bought with bad paint, no motor. Put in a motor, but it didn't want to run right (never figured out, no codes to help) Sold to a local guy to use for a jz swap.

sm_photo_missing.jpg
sm_photo_missing.jpg

11th Supra 1990 Turbo auto. Bought from Don C who used the drivetrain on a MK2 swap. Parted and scrapped. Somehow I didn't get a pic of the aftermath, but there wasn't much left. Only weighed 1850 at the yard ;)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

12th Supra 1989 Turbo 5spd. Newest acquisition. BHG (partial)... The restoration continues with parts from the 1990...

sm_photo_missing.jpg

13th... Who knows...

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Thats crazy maybe the 13th will be a MKIV?

I've only had one supra and it's staying that way.If I get any more it's only for parts or if it's a super clean car.

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Here's a couple more pics of the black one. Moved it out of the garage to get another behind it. Gonna go get my 90 out of storage next weekend too.

Don't mind the front lip, it'll be repaired, but I figured it'd be good to run a crappy one first since he's used to driving a 3/4ton Dodge and nothing else near this low.

Soon to be roaming the streets of Seattle after a trip to Portland..

Kevin

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I like the wheels on that black one, but the brakes need some paint :D

Looks like you wisely swapped the pre-89 mirrors for some 89+ ones as well...but why did you change the mouldings?

KevinM

Knowledge driven
Mar 30, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.cardomain.com
Poodles;1170044 said:
I like the wheels on that black one, but the brakes need some paint :D

Looks like you wisely swapped the pre-89 mirrors for some 89+ ones as well...but why did you change the mouldings?

Thanks. The wheels are PIAA FR-S 8.5/9.5, not made anymore, so somewhat limited. I have a set, he does and Keith Hart does.

I did the taillights, wing, mirror, turn signal conversion on it. Switched the trim within the last month which will be painted to match the car soon enough.