My sons supra burnt today

conundrum07

Just say no to Supras
Feb 26, 2007
Kansas City
Mine is BC rated. I just mounted it behind the drivers seat, you cant even see it unless the seat if moved forward.

p634994_1.jpg

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Well i am uploading pics now and will post them soon. I got the motor and tranny about ready to come out. The fire was small and mainly affected the dash on the passengers side. Looks like the downpipe connection to the elbow had came lose and separated about a 1/2 inch and the heat caused the fire.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
suprahooked said:
Well i am uploading pics now and will post them soon. I got the motor and tranny about ready to come out. The fire was small and mainly affected the dash on the passengers side. Looks like the downpipe connection to the elbow had came lose and separated about a 1/2 inch and the heat caused the fire.

Ok here are the pics i promised
p635032_1.jpg

p635032_2.jpg

p635032_3.jpg

p635032_4.jpg

p635032_5.jpg

p635032_6.jpg

p635032_7.jpg

p635032_8.jpg

p635032_9.jpg

This is what it use to look like.
p635032_10.jpg

Last edited:

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
This car is a na -t that was later change to a 7mgte that ran good on na harness, y pipe, na electroncs, hard pipe intake, Reason for fire is the downpipe started to came lose from the elbow and was a 1/2 gap between the two that created to much heat at the firewall and caught the speedo cable first then went from there.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Get another dash, replace carpet and replace the damaged wires and you will be set. I have a NA wire harness and ECU that I will let go for cheap.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Sorry to hear about the fire... Its one of those things we dont usually think about, so on a plus side, you made alot of people aware, including myself, of the need for a fire extinguisher... Im definately getting one now....

Im glad your son is OK... Thats ultimately the most important thing...

As for the car, it is salvagable... But I know sometimes its easier to start over, not just for the car but for your own mental stability and peace of mind...

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Reign_Maker said:
Sorry to hear about the fire... Its one of those things we dont usually think about, so on a plus side, you made alot of people aware, including myself, of the need for a fire extinguisher... Im definately getting one now....

As for the car, it is salvagable... But I know sometimes its easier to start over, not just for the car but for your own mental stability and peace of mind...
x2... im gonna go steal a fire extinguisher from work right now :wiggle:

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Glad your son is OK. Car doesnt look too bad. Buldable shell anyway.
Fire extinguishers are an almost mandatory peice on most modded vehicles. The B C rated extinguishers will do a nice job but will leave a white residue that is hell to try and clean up. A halon extinguisher will cost more but will handle more amount of fire puond per pound compared to a B C and not leave the same residue.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Reign_Maker said:

Thanks Jake, I hope this thread reminds everyone how inportant it is to have a fire extinguister in the car . I know i will have a halon fire extinguister in my car before i ever hit the streets.
Thanks Guys for your concern for my son , He is fine but he did get some small minor burns from the hot plastic dripping on him when he tried to put it out. We will have parts listed soon and the car is already in the car for sale threads.

yaitsme

Beach Bum
Mar 2, 2006
Cheatham County, TN
I've been kinda scarce lately & just came across this thread last night.

Sorry to hear, S.Hooked - but glad your boy's okay.

Like most others, I was thinking - damn, I've gotta get an extinguisher in the car asap.

So - on the way to work this morning (650 miles on the new build & beginning to feel confident) I smelled gas. Thought to myself, I sure hope that's the guy in front of me! Well ... it wasn't - #1 injector was spewing pretty good. Thankfully no fire, but I may not be able to shit for a week, as my asshole has puckered significantly! At this point, I don't know if it's an o-ring or a bad injector, but take note kids: fire extinguishers are good to have, mmkay!

(This coming from a guy who's had an old p.o.s. catch fire before & lemme tell you - it's no fun searching the kitchen for baking soda while your ride burns in the driveway!)

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
ROFL "arm and hamma propaganda" ROFLMFAO

Hooked man I'm glad to hear he's ok. How old is he? The car is still a BEAUTIFUL car. I say fix 'er up!!
He is 17 , He needs a car thats better on gas ,It is a descent car so if it dont sell then i might just fix it ( if he helps). I work a lot of hours so that why i am not done with mine yet.

LilMissMkIII

That Aussie Chick
Aug 18, 2006
Aussie Land
Just came across this thread now.

Firstly, i am so glad your son is ok, and secondly, i am going out to buy a fire extinguisher on my lunch break.

Thanks for the wake up call we all needed :)