My sons supra burnt today

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
He was driving down the interstate when it started fulling with smoke. He pulled over and tried to put out the fire but it was moving fast under the dash behind the glove box. So he started ripping out the subs, amp ,egt guage, turbo timer,boost guage and he was even able to rip out the sterio. They i called to have it tow so i can part it out.:3d_frown:

phoenix6

Rockin' the blades
Aug 13, 2006
Serena's Place ;)
Well most important of course is that your son is ok from all this. Im sure it sucks horribly and Im sorry for the loss, really. Like I said though, great he is ok and not even hurt.

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
oo man....im so sorry about that man. that shit blows ass. i always keep a small fire extinguisher in my car and truck...you never know what the hell is gonna happen, whether its your car or someone elses...wo what are you planning to do with the car now? whatever maybe gl on your decition....

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
ForceofWill said:
Ouch man, sorry to hear it. Do you know how it started? :(
Not sure how it started yet just got it home and it was dark out , I will post some pics tomorrow. Looks like it started in the engine bay behind the turbo.

Yes i am glad he is ok :icon_bigg ,The shit he ripped out wasnt worth getting hurt over though.

Plan to part what ever is still good.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
Ouch...sorry to hear that. Brings back memories :nono:

This was my 90 burgundy auto w/ tan leather int. Rode really nice and tight. Mint. It caught fire because the fuel pressure reg. started leaking and my (at the time) step-dad was driving it from NYC and saw smoke coming out of the engine bay, pulled over and got out of the car but left it running :icon_mad: so the fuel flow continued. :nono:
picture1001.jpg

picture1018.jpg

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
:icon_sad: sorry to hear about it, good thing hes alright. first thing im doing tomorrow is running down to the auto shop and purchase a small fire extinguisher.

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
I feel really bad for him right now . He worked hard to save money for this car before he was old enough to drive and today he lost it all with liabilty only so hes out about 4 grand so i am going to help him the best i can.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
fire and theft is worth it on an old car, especially a nice one, sorry to hear this...

how extensive is the damage? as bad as the one posted?

conundrum07

Just say no to Supras
Feb 26, 2007
Kansas City
Wow, that sucks. Thats the exact reason I have a fire extinguisher in the car. Some people may call it paranoia, but having it actually saved my car from an engine fire. Very cheap insurance for 10 bucks.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
^ It's very good to have a fire extinguisher but for me its the last thing on my mind but I will probably be getting one soon and so should most people. Even if people dont like to be seen with those in their car they even have different styles and colors but its more important to make sure that its in good working condition because you never know if you are going to use one or not.

GeneStarWindGSW

Been To The Other Side...
Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
Isn't there a special type of fire extinguisher you need for cars? because i know for computer fires you need a Class C fire extinguisher. (only because the ones you use in a normal fire won't put out one that has like oil or a computer fire)

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
Yes, you need an ABC extinguisher which is the most common type now days. Just make sure it isnt one of those water type you find in old offices

A - Paper/Wood/Combustables
B - Liquid Fires like fuel and oil
C - Electrical Safe so you dont get shocked to hell
D - Metal fires like magnesium and sodium (not really necessary for us)

http://www.hanford.gov/fire/safety/extingrs.htm

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
Most are rated A, B and C collectively. Some are rated only A. Few are rated D and are usually found in special locations like metal foundries and industrial areas.