My new garage setup

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
GrimJack;1028614 said:
Nice! What did you use on the floor? I'm looking to put something over the raw concrete in mine...

It's an epoxy coating made by quikcrete. It takes 1gallon per garage stall roughly. I opted against using the flakes (they're gay). I was lucky since the concrete was new and the garage was empty so it was 1/3 of the work :icon_bigg

Thanks for the comments peoples, I just wanted it to be more comfortable for people to come over and work on my car while I get drunk and play video games.

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
Ckanderson;1028880 said:
I hate you now more then ever.

That-Is-Excellent-MrBurns.jpg

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
LOL

Thats a pretty sweet setup you've got there Nate... I dream of the day I have my own house with a garage like that, But I've got time to catch up ;)

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
kwnate;1028823 said:
She's invisible.

damn..i bet that makes for some seriously odd...uhhh....nevermind. :p

nice setup man!! I want a lift. and i'm glad you didn't get two-tier type that supports the car from the center and lets it rest on the frame...those scare me.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
^ Why? Those are the ones I have been looking in to because I can do more to the car w/ that type of lift. (brakes, shocks, stuff like that)

I'd kill for either, so I'm not knocking either type.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
they look tipsy.

hehe, they probably aren't. its just a peace of mind thing. :p i can totally see them being handy in lots of situations like that.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
Figit090;1029140 said:
they look tipsy.

hehe, they probably aren't. its just a peace of mind thing. :p i can totally see them being handy in lots of situations like that.

They're very sturdy if you know the lift points.

I'd love to have a drive on lift with the piston jacks on sliders underneath, alot like an Alignment rack. Those are some serious money though.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Nice lift, very pimp.

Though, I've never understood the concept of putting giant rims and low profile tires on SUV's... it takes all the fun out of it. Being able to hop curbs is part of the fun of owning an SUV

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
Keros;1029792 said:
Though, I've never understood the concept of putting giant rims and low profile tires on SUV's... it takes all the fun out of it. Being able to hop curbs is part of the fun of owning an SUV

I didn't buy it for offroading or jumping curbs. I bought it for its comfort, seating, towing and the fact that it has 400hp. After coilovers and sway bars it's going to feel like a car. Plus it came with 20's from the factory.