My new car!

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Well, just got back in town from picking up my new car. I flew up friday to NJ (jersey city/bayonne) and bought it on saturday. Drove home sat and sunday. I bought a 90 Celica!

p1011559_1.jpg

p1011559_2.jpg

p1011559_3.jpg

p1011559_4.jpg

p1011559_5.jpg

p1011559_6.jpg

p1011559_7.jpg

:)

I've always wanted one of these, even before I got my first supra (Back when i had my old 83 celica GT-S), but being pricey I was swayed away. Now that I have the cash I figured why the hell not. :D

It had 99k miles on it when I bought it (100k now after the drive). It has a 3" Turbo back exhuast, hks fcd, slotted rotors, and stainless lines. Its overall in pretty good condition. These cars have pretty bad rust problems, and tried to find the one with as little rust as possible. It has some very slight rust on the under body, but nothing bad at all. The car has been resprayed, there is some orange peel though, and over spray over stuff :(, but that all can be fixed (over spray). Also a few dents. The interior doesn't have any rips, but is worn. I paid 6500 for it. Overall I'm happy with it. I have some big plans for it too :). Eventually, built engine 2.2 stroker, gt35r, 272 cams, full suspension and maybe a bbk. :evil2:

For those that dont know, The celica alltrac is All wheel drive turbo. It has the 3sgte thats in the mr2. Toyota produced the car so they could compete in the WRC. Of this body style (st185) there were only 1700 imported and sold in the US over the 3 years (90-93), so they're quiet rare.

The supra isnt going to get tooo neglected now, I'm going to get it repainted and then will be my DD.

edit: it even came with the orignal window sticker
p1011559_8.jpg

Last edited:

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
haha yea, even being pretty much stock (just the exhaust) its fairly quick, has a little kick to it. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

The stock drivetrain is pretty strong actually. I havn't heard of anyone really breaking anything. There is a 10 second alltrac in south FL, with a stock trans (its the later st205 trans, but not for strength but for the triple syncros on 1st and 2nd, for smother shifting).

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
:madfawk:Damn you:madfawk:

Dont those have a r series transmission in them? 1jz AWD st185?

Congrats on the purchase.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I'm Jealous as well! There is a nice grey one in my local area. I never saw it until I met him in Mississippi at the race track. It was a nice match with my Grey Supra. I have wanted one ever since.

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
yea i agree, gorgeous alltrac, there is a guy here in my town with one but ill be damned if every time he gets it back to original state if a dog dont walk out in front of him or something is in the road, or he hydroplanes or somethhing, that poor thing looks amazing all except the front bumper thats been changed lord knows how many times, so i really get the feel for how rare they are, yours is a BEAUTIFUL example, congrats to you my friend

eman2289

Noob..but not incompetent
Feb 23, 2007
Jersey
Im from Bayonne! Where exactly did you pick up the car? Very nice find. I have never seen it around.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
nice car man.I wouldnt mind one of tho's myself.I think you should keep the supra for high hp and just enjoy the celica as the nice rally car that it is

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
foreverpsycotic;1011625 said:
Dont those have a r series transmission in them? 1jz AWD st185?
No. The 3S is transversely mounted. The transfer case, and front differential are built into the transmission, which is also housed in the engine compartment beside the motor.

You're probably thinking of the MKII/MKIII Celica (XA6X, XA4X) which actually used a W series transmission (usually a W58 in North America), just like all N/A Supras.

(I'm not being rude, I'm just drunk)

On another note, a Supra CT26 on that motor will get rid of the motor choking after 6k. Fun cars though. My friends GT-four out-launches my fucking supra.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good find Justin. With gas the way it is, it seems this wouldb be the better daily driver, but it may not get any better gas mileage than your supra.