My motor went bye bye..

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
So.. recently i have been working alot with josh(tbcmorris) and a few other ppl.. but josh prolly being the most helpful.. well brought the car to him the other day and he told me to park it asap.. i was planning on parking it today.. but instead i had to bring a dear friend of mine to mass to get a new car. So.. on the way there the car was fine.. running nice.. but i noticed at one point it seemed like it was overheating.. but i had put some coolant in there 2 days prior so i was like.. well its prolly nothin major.. on the way back.. we were booking.. i aint gonna lie.. constant speed of about 75-80mph.. at one point the road was empty we were doing 100-120 .. :nono: .. got to the toll booth to get back into the CT border.. i heard a loud slapping noise.. sounds like a piston slappin the head of the car.. the car starts loosing power when i move out and i just parked it.. called josh.. described wat i heard and he told me.. if i chanced it.. i could drive another 15 miles.. needless to say i love my car too much to chance it.. so right now im getting ready to go rent a uhaul and go get my baby.. hope its still ok where i left it.. ah well.. my first supra.. my first headache.. i guess this is my welcome to the supra world... i plan on staying 7m due to wiring and stuff and i grew to like it.. so i will more than likely stay that way.. rebuild willl begin as soon as i get shit settled.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic super car. This 1989 supra will be that car. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Just a little motivation.

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
suprahero;1167991 said:
Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic super car. This 1989 supra will be that car. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

I can hear that bionic sound in my head....LOL :icon_razz

Good luck with your build!

webbs7mgte

Jun 2, 2008
wisconsin
welcome to are world...lol. Also welcome to the hazeing of the 7m it fucks ya and than you ask for it again. THANK YOU 7M MAY YOU BLOW AGAIN jk lol :biglaugh: but rebuild is what im hearing in a voice in the back of my head!!!!:aigo:

paul0075

Apr 6, 2008
New Jersey
suprahero;1167991 said:

Never Give up never Surrender...

+1 little motivation

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
thanks guys.. i feel all warm and fuzzy inside(motivated) .. but... this car ... as i was told.. even when ur not using it.. fucks u for money. I purchased a manifold for this thing 2 nights ago, and it blew last night. i was also suprized to notice a puddle of gear oil when i moved the car this morning.. the diff is the culprit.. i will post pics later. so.. i now will not have to do another motor, but i also need a new diff.. new driveshaft, new clutch, new suspension parts like bushings everywhere and struts and springs.. oh man.. this tab just keeps getttin higher and higher..

i got the car home, and its safe. the bad.. i had 700 bux this morning.. i paid off my bills and that came out to about leaving me with 450 or so, i spent 30 bux on a tow hitch for my friends blazer, 15 bux on a thing for the trailer, 70 bux on renting the trailer and all .. then i had to put gas in the blazer then of course give my friend a little somthing for letting me take up his time and putting the strain on his vehicle, then i got home, i paid my insurance 135, and then i tried to insure my corolla.. and the fuckers need another 160 as a deposit.. haha.. so .. that leaves me fucked for another 2 weeks.. thanks to my good ole supra.. :nono: the money i was gonna use to register the corolla doesnt exist any more n i have to now take the bus to work, something i havent done in 2 years... damn.. when this car wants to bend you over and give u a royal beasting.. it sure does

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
gtimportfanatic;1167952 said:
So.. recently i have been working alot with josh(tbcmorris) and a few other ppl.. but josh prolly being the most helpful.. well brought the car to him the other day and he told me to park it asap.. i was planning on parking it today.. but instead i had to bring a dear friend of mine to mass to get a new car. So.. on the way there the car was fine.. running nice.. but i noticed at one point it seemed like it was overheating.. but i had put some coolant in there 2 days prior so i was like.. well its prolly nothin major.. on the way back.. we were booking.. i aint gonna lie.. constant speed of about 75-80mph.. at one point the road was empty we were doing 100-120 .. :nono: .. got to the toll booth to get back into the CT border.. i heard a loud slapping noise.. sounds like a piston slappin the head of the car.. the car starts loosing power when i move out and i just parked it.. called josh.. described wat i heard and he told me.. if i chanced it.. i could drive another 15 miles.. needless to say i love my car too much to chance it.. so right now im getting ready to go rent a uhaul and go get my baby.. hope its still ok where i left it.. ah well.. my first supra.. my first headache.. i guess this is my welcome to the supra world... i plan on staying 7m due to wiring and stuff and i grew to like it.. so i will more than likely stay that way.. rebuild willl begin as soon as i get shit settled.

Don't blame the car.... :nono:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I've broken/blown up/destroyed just about every part you can imagine on my car including the very best most expensive bits money can buy, the one thing they all had in common was it was my fault.

If you even suspected there was a cooling issue pushing it to 120 made it 100% your fault.

Think of this as a learning experience that will help you have some mechanical empathy in the future ;) (if it's hurt don't beat on it as it will be 10x more expensive to repair)

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
I warned ya buddy!!!

I'm sorry it popped so far from home. If ya need anything give a call. I think I am gonna sell my built 7m to put my 2j in keep that in mind. I'm glad you didn't try making it another 15 miles when I said that's about all you'll get I was refering to how long approx. It would for your 7m to throw a rod threw the block. Basically redering that motor garbage. At least now you can rebuild it.

Ill do all the install if you wanna have slow 66 do the machine work.

Or....buy my motor!!!!

Pm me how much money you need to get the corrola legal.

Take it easy josh

gtimportfanatic

Mk3 Addict
May 21, 2008
Hartford CT
thanks .. i have to see how the finances are gonna pan out so i can see the best option.. i have access to lifts, i have someone with a dolly and someone with a tow hitch so i can tow the car to wherever. . i will be needing both ur help with this.. i'll keep updates

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
supra's are less like cars and more like women when i comes to abuse. If somethings wrong, youll notice.....push your luck with it, youll pay for it. Often times double.