My little supra project.

7mCressida

Oct 9, 2011
Brandywine MD
Ok well to start this amazing build off...lol im probably gonna get flamed for it later but anyways, i fully built a 7mgte. ive been here lookin on the forums for around 3 years but im finally deciding to join lol. But the history up till now. I went to school for toyota/lexus and i built this car with my school so far. Im no noob to the toyota stuff. Ive had my hands in drifting and drag racing, and lets just say i think going sideways is way more fun than goin in a straight line. plus i used to have a Green, Rare 5spd IS300 stanced out but an unfortunate visit to a guardrail got me away from that crap.

p1802778_1.jpg

p1802778_2.jpg

To the pics:

It all started with me swapping a 7mgte into a 89 cressida,
p1802778_3.jpg

In school we had a engine rebuild course which i took the time to fully rebuild the motor myself
p1802778_4.jpg

p1802778_5.jpg

p1802778_6.jpg

p1802778_7.jpg

Polished and balanced oem crankshaft
Eagle Rods
CP pistons .20 over
All ARP hardware
Greddy metal headgasket
Brian Crower stage 2 cams with springs and retainers
3 Angle valve job
Aeromotive FPR
RC 550cc injectors
Lexus AFM
Stock Ct26

Here is how it looked about 6 months ago.
p1802778_8.jpg

fast forward to this year:

so i ran into a couple problems, got fed up with the wiring process which i still think is really simple but i really suck at wiring. so i found a deal that i couldnt pass up. i found a 89 supra fully restored with only 60k miles for 1500

p1802778_9.jpg

p1802778_10.jpg

the only problem with it was the clutch was blown, and i mean it was effed up really bad.
p1802778_11.jpg

well anyways i had really bought the car, to swap the 7m into it, and go 1jz/2jz with the cress with the upcoming tax return.

i started to swap the motor out and begin the process, i get plagued with problems, the crane broke, upon takin the trans out, i found out it wasnt the original trans. but i got the motor out and surprisingly the it was really clean though.

p1802778_12.jpg

p1802778_13.jpg

well im gonna have more pics of it to come so let me know what u guys think!

Last edited:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I don't think anyone's gonna flame you, except to say that it would have been nice to see the Cress finished first.
But since you're going in favor of a Supra, I doubt you'll hear any complaints here.
:)
Nice looking Supra, too.
Keep the updates coming.

7mCressida

Oct 9, 2011
Brandywine MD
Its been restored, paint and interior, motor was pretty greasy here and there, not the cleanest Ive seen, but for the price i got it for i couldnt complain. and yea i shouldve finished the cressida but Ive been havin problems with it for months so i just gave up for now, made my life easier lol. I just bought a blitz catback exhaust off suprastore, so that should be on the car soon!

7mCressida

Oct 9, 2011
Brandywine MD
so i got hit with a 3-4 week ship time before i get the actual exhaust, i guess they gotta order it through blitz which in turn prob has to make it if it takes that long lol. but its gonna be worth the wait

7mCressida

Oct 9, 2011
Brandywine MD
got the engine out the cress today, and the high flow cat in the mail. Anyone got a wild guess on how much power i would make with the mods i listed above, the motor has never ran since its been built at school?

7mCressida

Oct 9, 2011
Brandywine MD
p1812238_1.jpg

got it just about done, driftmotion intercooler installed, still waitin on my blitz exhaust, wont get here till end of march, but i guess its gonna be worth it

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
SAP Spec G bumper is gonna look good on that Supra br0. Keep them updates coming! Looks great and promising.