my ddp is weird. i think.

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
are there any downsides to having a ddp that doesnt recirculate? It seems like everyone's ddp recirculates to the cat. Also, i dont think that it has the door/flap thing. In all honesty I don't even know what the door/flap thing does, does it open and close the wastegate? thanks!

Michael

SupraCorwin

Shadow
Oct 14, 2008
Washington
What ddp do you have? I have the BIC ddp and the only flap thing i can think of on the ddp itself is the metal peice that divides between the waste gate and the exhaust wheel. Its just a metal tab that keeps the flows seperate.

Are you talking about the waste gate as the 'door/flap' ? Since that is the only part that opens/closes near anything you are talking about. If your wastegate is stuck open or faulty you'd get a ton of boost lag.

For the first question, Not really. As long as its not damaged in some way the only thing a ddp is going to do is be more noisy and make more power, maybe lower your gas mileage slighty if at all.

Oh and sound badass when you step on it!

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
Ahh ok thanks, i didnt see a flap on my downpipe, and i read in another post that other downpipes have a flap or something like it

SupraCorwin

Shadow
Oct 14, 2008
Washington
This little tab is what you should have if your ddp is connected to the stock or stock like turbo. If it is missing then some exhaust gas will flow down the smaller pipe directly to the atmosphere, again not a real huge problem, might just sound like you have a small exhaust leak, and maybe you wont have optimal exhaust gas flows.

23950020008_medium.jpg

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
IMO? Yes

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Send me your DP when you send me your turbo. Ill fix it

jagpride

Nov 17, 2009
So Cal
If it doesnt have that tab wouldnt it make the down pipe act like a small open dump? The wastegate is mostly close anyways so i would think that it would be better to not have that tab sense your exhaust leaves the system faster. I have mine without the tab and i can tell you it pulls pretty hard.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
jagpride;1751481 said:
If it doesnt have that tab wouldnt it make the down pipe act like a small open dump? The wastegate is mostly close anyways so i would think that it would be better to not have that tab sense your exhaust leaves the system faster. I have mine without the tab and i can tell you it pulls pretty hard.
The problem is it adds turbulence to the flow, and that causes it to flow significantly less.