My Black 91 Project

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Some more pics of things piling up to install.

Cusco front strut tower bar
p1653753_1.jpg

6 1/2" rear speaker enclosure.
p1653753_2.jpg

should look like this when done but black.
p1653753_3.jpg

oil pump assy
p1653753_4.jpg

arp rod bolts
p1653753_5.jpg

energy suspension bushings kit front and back
p1653753_6.jpg

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
supra1008;1652207 said:
Hey everyone. Not much work done on the car since last posted. My dad just passed away on the 7th. Rip dad! Have been busy with family. House has been crazy busy and so much to do. Parts have been racking up. It's freezing out lately so haven't been going to the garage. Buddy started on the back bushings. I've ordered the lipp arm from suprasport. Here are some pics of what's to come soon.

I just came to your thread to razz you about your car then saw your last post.
My condolences on your old man.

You need to get this car running though by Spring, so you can post some more poorly shot youtube videos :p

Also, you buy from Suprasport? I thought they were almost in the same tier as 935 nowadays. I looked at the website last night which I guess has been recently updated, but they really need to clean up their shit.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
SupraMedical68;1653756 said:
I just came to your thread to razz you about your car then saw your last post.
My condolences on your old man.

You need to get this car running though by Spring, so you can post some more poorly shot youtube videos :p

Also, you buy from Suprasport? I thought they were almost in the same tier as 935 nowadays. I looked at the website last night which I guess has been recently updated, but they really need to clean up their shit.

Wow you're alive!! I thought you died or something!! I got a camera for my birthday so video will be a lot better now! As for suprasport being like 935...I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't have any problems with them. Shipping was quick.

I also ordered the steering rack spacers. Anyone know how they actually work? They were only 25 bucks. So I just bought em from suprasport.

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
I'm still in "limbo" so to speak, but I've been grounded from playing cowboy since fall. Now that I have all this time on my hands and a internet connection I'm getting ready for "project save a ho" and studying up on bodywork.

Sometime this Spring I'll have a built 7M (the '89) and then I'll work on pulling 1JZ motor from main girl so I can do a few things. Mostly bodywork...
Then by the end of 2011 hopefully I'll have two 400whp+ Supras. Maybe..

In terms of Suprasport they have some many complaints against it's not even funny. The sad thing is when people lose their hard earned money others act like it's their own fault for buying from them. That's just as bad Rob working out of a sloppy garage that's smaller though yours then spending all his money (actually customers money) on blow, hookers, and his busted ass MK2.

For $25 though I guess it's not that big a gamble. Btw, how's those sway bars working out?

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Arms look good. Pressed out the bushings to put poly bushings in.

p1655013_1.jpg

p1655013_2.jpg

p1655013_3.jpg

p1655013_4.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

Omg im so bored at work!!!!!

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
How was that install on the 60-1? I'm assuming you w/ Big Aaron's kit and I've been wondering about the "custom mid pipe" he mentions on his website. How is the spool up in comparasion to what I'm running now, you make full boost at like 4k or something?

I'm debating on what I need to buy to replace my 57trim. More than likely the DM 60-1 w/ .70 AR. The turbo, DP, and exhaust/test pipe are going to be hand me downs for Project Save a Ho.

Btw, when are you going be back up and running again? Spring is almost right around the corner...

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
SupraMedical68;1655017 said:
How was that install on the 60-1? I'm assuming you w/ Big Aaron's kit and I've been wondering about the "custom mid pipe" he mentions on his website. How is the spool up in comparasion to what I'm running now, you make full boost at like 4k or something?

I'm debating on what I need to buy to replace my 57trim. More than likely the DM 60-1 w/ .70 AR. The turbo, DP, and exhaust/test pipe are going to be hand me downs for Project Save a Ho.

Btw, when are you going be back up and running again? Spring is almost right around the corner...

I like the kit. The only thing you'll have to do is weld up a pipe from the downpipe to the testpipe. You saw it when you were up here last. As for comparrison to spool up I don't know how the spool is on a 57 trim. I'm guessing those spool up quick as shit since they small. I actually don't remember when I hit full boost anymore. It's been so long since I drove it. I think I was in full boost by 4k.

I just bought a heater for the garage so I
hoping to get more work done now that things have somewhat settled down at home. I'm hoping by end of january the suspension work will be done and it'll be off the lift finally. Then I'll adjust the ride height with the new wheels and tires and see how much I'll have to flare the fenders.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

xzeror;1655043 said:
where did u get those camber arms from? and how much were they?

I'm pretty sure I said it but I got it from suprasport.com for 330ish

Last edited:

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
supra1008;1655051 said:
I like the kit. The only thing you'll have to do is weld up a pipe from the downpipe to the testpipe. You saw it when you were up here last. As for comparrison to spool up I don't know how the spool is on a 57 trim. I'm guessing those spool up quick as shit since they small. I actually don't remember when I hit full boost anymore. It's been so long since I drove it. I think I was in full boost by 4k.

Well, you did drive my car with the 57trim for at least a few pulls. Your car on the other hand wasn't running at the time. lol

4k is about what I would've guessed for full boost. What's going on with your standalone?

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
I did? I don't remember. I just bought the standalone a week or two ago. I still need to hook it up but I'm pulling the motor for bottom end things so not worried about wiring it up or harness yet. I'm trying to get it back on the ground right now. It's been on the lift way too ling now!!

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
supra1008;1655147 said:
I did? I don't remember. I just bought the standalone a week or two ago. I still need to hook it up but I'm pulling the motor for bottom end things so not worried about wiring it up or harness yet. I'm trying to get it back on the ground right now. It's been on the lift way too ling now!!

Keeping us in suspense again? You didn't even mention what Standalone you're going to be running. :)

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
supra1008;1652207 said:
Hey everyone. Not much work done on the car since last posted. My dad just passed away on the 7th. Rip dad! Have been busy with family. House has been crazy busy and so much to do. Parts have been racking up. It's freezing out lately so haven't been going to the garage. Buddy started on the back bushings. I've ordered the lipp arm from suprasport. Here are some pics of what's to come soon.

p1658550_1.jpg

p1658550_2.jpg

p1658550_3.jpg

looks like I'm going to be flaring the fenders and qpanels.

p1658550_4.jpg

p1658550_5.jpg

and FINALLY!! drum roll please!

p1658550_6.jpg

oh i could've sworn i did... oh look at that i did!!^

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

yea very cold!! brrrr!!

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
You can... For a low price of just ...... ;)

So I just got back from the garage pulling the motor/trans. Well... Actually dropping it heh. Dropped it with the subframe. I guess it's a good time as any to check the subframe. Maybe even blast/powdercoat and subframe bushings too. Sorry I was in a rush to get home so couldn't take pics. Also forgot my camera. I'll see if I can take some pics tomorrow.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
supra1008;1658769 said:
You can... For a low price of just ...... ;)

So I just got back from the garage pulling the motor/trans. Well... Actually dropping it heh. Dropped it with the subframe. I guess it's a good time as any to check the subframe. Maybe even blast/powdercoat and subframe bushings too. Sorry I was in a rush to get home so couldn't take pics. Also forgot my camera. I'll see if I can take some pics tomorrow.

:(