My Black 91 Project

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Between being busy w all our appliances breaking at the same time (washer, dryer, dish washer, garbage disposal, kitchen exhaust fan, stove is starting to take a shit) and my dad n and out of the hospital. I somehow made it possible to work on the car. Not much though. A little bit here and there. I was able to drive it to the annual Philly supra meet. Before that I dyed some more of the interior. I was able to get an safc and hook it up in time. Some pics.

p1574520_1.jpg

p1574520_2.jpg

p1574520_3.jpg

p1574520_4.jpg

p1574520_5.jpg
j

p1574520_6.jpg

p1574520_7.jpg

p1574520_8.jpg

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
didnt really look in the car that much but how does that stuff you painted match up? looks like it does real well

InvisibleMonkey

2JZ NO SPIT!
Sep 17, 2005
SNJ
Lol @ using brian's Z for the backdrop of the interior parts.

Looks and sound good man. I gotta admit I was expecting to hear boost on the boulevard on the way to Tyler's.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
I was boosting on the way to tylers. I also gave Ken a ride trying to catch Julio and Tyler when Julio gave Carley a ride. Cause no one wanted Tyler to drive and Julio dnt know his way around.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Since Ive been daily driving the car I haven't been able to get much work done with the car. I have been collecting parts however which are starting to rack up. I ordered energy suspensio. Bushings kit for the front and back. All the camber and toe bolts are rusted so i ordered new ones for the front and back. Boy was that a shiny penny! Ordered emergency brake shoes. I got my hands on a set of 550's. Thanks nick!! I started to mount the spoiler. I got the middle on. I still have to get the side pieces. I'll try doing those today. Bought some gauges too. I'll post some pics up soon.

Supraholics

.928 RWHP & Climing!
Apr 1, 2006
PA
www.supraholics.com
supra1008;1589942 said:
Since Ive been daily driving the car I haven't been able to get much work done with the car. I have been collecting parts however which are starting to rack up. I ordered energy suspensio. Bushings kit for the front and back. All the camber and toe bolts are rusted so i ordered new ones for the front and back. Boy was that a shiny penny! Ordered emergency brake shoes. I got my hands on a set of 550's. Thanks nick!! I started to mount the spoiler. I got the middle on. I still have to get the side pieces. I'll try doing those today. Bought some gauges too. I'll post some pics up soon.

Chris, not sure if you're detailing the under carriage or not, but I replaced all the bolts from my car and the ones I got out of it are still pretty good. They even shine a bit. I could've given them to you! I know the OEM ones are expensive.

As you can see, they are not too bad. Left are new, right are old.

IMG_6873_SMALL.jpg

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
didn't know you were dding the black car, wernt you having problems with the afr's?

let me know how those bushings are i was thinking about getting them also

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Yea I was having problems w the afrs but Julio and went out for a tune and it's better still a lean spot right before boost when the maps are changing. But now my temp gauge stopped working and my oil pressure is only showing 20psi on the highway at like 3500-4k rpm. So I stopped driving it. I don't have a car now to go to and from work. Gotta either take the bus,get a ride in or borrow my moms van when/if ever available. It's also been put on the bk burner till the maroon sup is done.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
IBoughtASupra;1632407 said:
No updates?

Been busy! My dad has been in and out of the hospital. More parts are racking up. Buddy of mine has been doing the bushings on my car. Big PITA!! He's doing good though. The front bushings are done. Need to do the back bushings. I ordered wheels. TSW Thruxtons 18x9.5 and 18x8 +20 all around. I got em for a good deal now to find out they won't fit. Can anyone back this up? I've seen people 18x10 +20. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to do 18x9.5 +20. I already have rear ST sway bar. Just need end links and a front sway bar. Probably one of the next things I'll get and tires. I'd like to then do a full alignment.

Oil pan is leaking so now that summer and even fall is over I'll be pulling the motor and doing the oil pump checking all the bottom end and changing seals. I almost had my hands on a haltech ps2000 but the guy sold the whole car to someone else. Oh well. I'll definately be getting that sometime really soon. I've also changed the exhaust to a blitz nurspec. Can't wait till it's all done!! No pics as of right now. I'll try to get some up within the next week or two.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Hey everyone. Not much work done on the car since last posted. My dad just passed away on the 7th. Rip dad! Have been busy with family. House has been crazy busy and so much to do. Parts have been racking up. It's freezing out lately so haven't been going to the garage. Buddy started on the back bushings. I've ordered the lipp arm from suprasport. Here are some pics of what's to come soon.

p1652207_1.jpg

p1652207_2.jpg

p1652207_3.jpg

looks like I'm going to be flaring the fenders and qpanels.

p1652207_4.jpg

p1652207_5.jpg

and FINALLY!! drum roll please!

p1652207_6.jpg