My Black 91 Project

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Spring time is here! Car is legal again! yay! Been tuning again. Not really any updates other than trying to troubleshoot the breaking up which is probably spark blow out due to old coilpacks. I've been busy with moving. Finally found a house and moved. Been extremely busy unpacking and remodelling the den. The new house is double lot with 4 bed, 3 full and 2 half baths, a patio at back, walk up attic, full unfinished basement but I'll definitely be finishing it with a wet bar and pool table. It has a detached oversized two car garage with its own attic. I'll post some pics in a bit. Since there is the meet at Undercover Performance there will be more updates soon as I'd like to even possibly finally get a tune and put some numbers down! Stay tuned!!

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
p1814293_1.jpg

1st snowfall
p1814293_2.jpg

p1814293_3.jpg

p1814293_4.jpg

p1814293_5.jpg

There were only 2 lines coming into the garage and one didnt work so we pulled both lines and ran a 100amp sub panel into the garage so I could hook up my compressor and eventually a welder.
p1814293_6.jpg

Installed some better lighting in the garage cause it sucke before. Only little 60w light bulb.
Much better but not done yet. Going to be rewiring the whole garage and eventually the whole house cause it's still knob and tube.:nono:
p1814293_7.jpg

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
It was gorgeous out yesterday, friend was over and wanted to do something outside so we figured we'd close the gap on the plugs one more time to attempt to take care of my breaking up issue when boosting. Finally washed the car for the first time in like forever :nono:. Took some pictures and video of some cruising...I think that fixed the problem. We'll see.... enjoy!

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?156620-Cruisin-in-my-Black-91-1JZ

Last edited:

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Thanks guys! Miguel, yes that's the new house. I'll let you know when the house warming is.

Eric no I haven't made any new videos. Tyler made/edited a video. He did a good job. I'll post it up.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
No updates other than window tint, fixed over heating issue and finally bought some hood supports. no more supra stick haha! some pictures

p1855809_1.jpg

p1855809_2.jpg

p1855809_3.jpg

p1855809_4.jpg

p1855809_5.jpg

p1855809_6.jpg

p1855809_7.jpg

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
i don't think its legal in pa but more so tolerated and i know its not legal in nj but you can get through inspection now so alot more people have it

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
30% in the front is the legal limit in PA. It's not a DD so I don't really care. I did 15% all around but I feel its too dark for my liking for night time driving. I thought I had 15% on my old car but turns out I had 20%. If I have the windows up and a sunshade in the front windshield during the day you can barely see inside the car. Just outlines of the interior barely!

IBoughtASupra;1855813 said:
Looks good. What's the limit on tint by you?

A three hole lip would look badass. Even a stock lip could do it justice!

Yea I want a lip so bad but don't know which one I want to get. I like the three hole bomex? lip but they are so hard to come by in good condition these days. So its between the type A or type H lip. not sure. :-/ I also need to check if I'll be able to get in my driveway once I get a lip. Gotta measure.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
oh ha we can't have any tint here but i thinks its being a little more tolerated since alot more people have it since the only thing needed to pass inspection now is good emissions

there was a guy on sm that was supposedly making good replicas of the bomex lip

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Alrighty! Haven't really updated this in awhile. I've been busy doing a motor swap on my 2000 4Runner. Motor went on it. Has 200some thousand on it and had a dead cylinder. Cylinder 4 needs rings. Bought a JDM motor with 30-40k miles on it. Did compression test and cylinder leak down test with good results.
But anyways....the time has finally come to get this thing tuned!! I scheduled an appointment with Garth at Undercover Performance on Friday morning. Hopefully he does a good job and is able to smooth out my map. Here we go. will post dyno results and hopefully video. I can't wait!!!!!!! :D

Have also finally been finishing up the dying of the interior. Got new hood and hatch supports. No more supra stick!! woot woot! I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Last edited:

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
No tune yet. Called out of work friday to get it tuned. Get there a little early. He then tells me that we can't put the car on the dyno cause he broke it the night before tuning a GTR. He said they ordered new coils for it and it should be in on Monday. He said he'll call me Monday afternoon once they fix the dyno. He looked at my tune and we went for a drive. He made some changes to my map. He said everything looked good but the injector settings were completely wrong. I think I got them from Randy from BIC. I don't remember but he was surprised the car was running how it is with the injector settings all out of wack. He said the break up issue is def not the map. He said its dropping a cylinder everytime in the same exact location. I'll take some extra coils with me on Monday when I go. When we get it on the dyno we'll see if we can figure out which cylinder is missing and go from there. Hopefully some updates tomorrow.