My 4th SUPRA! :D

Ok, so i heard a rumor from a friend of a friend and came across a supra for 300$. He said it had BHG and drove fine before. SO i'm like, WHY not!? I just got it to my other shop, and i'm gonna pull the motor tomorrow. It's a 89, N/A, Auto, Targa, ABS. I always like doing pictures and junk, so here we go! Better Pictures to come. :]

Pictures of car when i got it to shop.

p1465134_1.jpg

p1465134_2.jpg

p1465134_3.jpg

p1465134_4.jpg

p1465134_5.jpg

p1465134_6.jpg

Parts for the rebuild. Oil Pump, Bearings(Main and Rod), Distributor cap and rotor, Full Re-Ring/Gasket Kit, New timing belt, new timing belt tensioner, water pump, Koyo Rad(stock oem style), Denso Spark plugs, and Ngk Wires. :]

p1465134_7.jpg

p1465134_8.jpg

p1465134_9.jpg

More Pics to COme Tomorrow! YAY! Oh and i may need some parts, missing 1 fuel injector....WTF..!??!

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
thats tits for $300 dollars hell i would have jumped on the deal. I'll have to check back in a couple days and see whats goin on, but please take that wing off lol go wingless or 89+

It just looks like snow boarding/skiing lol

Good deal man lol
Carter, J.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Its an 89 NA, so the wing has been added after the fact, so that's why its there...

Damn, 4th Supra, how dare you upstage me! J/K, if I found a supra for $300, I think i'd pounce on it too..!

RazoE;1465612 said:
Its an 89 NA, so the wing has been added after the fact, so that's why its there...

Damn, 4th Supra, how dare you upstage me! J/K, if I found a supra for $300, I think i'd pounce on it too..!

I know it was a combined year and you must treat it as it's own year, instead of grouping it into the Pre89 and 89+ ;]

Well, i plan on more ;] Just because it gives me Experience and i get more of them back on the road. My first one i sold, so technically, i have 3 in my possession. But i do all the work on them in my area. LOL, so they are ALL MINE!:evil2:

fixitman04;1465619 said:
dear god...it's a sickness these cars!

nice find

Thanks!
I can't stop, though ROFL

Supra28;1465440 said:
Good deal! Do you plan on boosting it?

akito;1465580 said:
why not go gte? unless its cheaper and just a DD

I spent 700 bucks on everything posted above. Not worth the pain to boost it, So i'll keep it a DD. My White Supra(Daily whip) has only 1 seat and of course bitches don't like "copping steel" if you know what i mean, so i'll make this my daily from now on ;] My silver supra, Reign_Makers old supra, is going to be my turbo one :D
Now that i think about it, the white one was Reign's too :p

upgradedsupra;1465647 said:
Nice to get another Supra back on the road! Looks like a lot of work, will check in again. :)
You speak with Jake still?

Duane

Yeah, it should take me less than 3 weeks to finish this car. Other than paint. ;]

Yeah, i speak to him every once in a while. I was deciding what motor to put in the silver one, since he said he'll have a supra again one day and kept the 7m motor. It was nice! BUT, a little to much for me. I am thinking of putting in a 2jz. I've never delt with a 2jz before and my power goals are with in reach with bpu items, so i'll give it a shot. :]

i like the 7m too, and i'll have a 7m turbo one day. Just depends if i can come across a good deal aka under 600$ LOL. I want to dip my ladle in all the soup bowls to see which one(Motor, 7m, 1Jz, 2JZ) i like best. :]

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
I've owned a 7M (still do) and a 1J Supra and drove 2J's, all great engines.

Keep posting pics, as it's nice to see progress pics. It's also a bonus that you like posting them. :)

Duane

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Very nice $300 find!!!:aigo: That center tail light is going to be a pain to find.

Who is this Reign Maker that you speak of? You should encourage him to come visit his old friends around here. I hope he is doing well.

upgradedsupra;1465658 said:
I've owned a 7M (still do) and a 1J Supra and drove 2J's, all great engines.

Keep posting pics, as it's nice to see progress pics. It's also a bonus that you like posting them. :)

Duane

I figure i have to try all of them out once in my Life...7m-Ge's are the only thing I've found in southern Alabama though....ROFL....
:: facepalm ::

Pictures are always fun and if i ever want to look back or show someone, i have proof. LOLz
gaboonviper85;1465696 said:
Mud dobbers only eat spider;-)

good luck with the car

WTF!? I never knew that. I was freaking out cause of all the spider webs, but i never saw a single one. I like dirt dobbers now :D

ForcedTorque;1465739 said:
Very nice $300 find!!!:aigo: That center tail light is going to be a pain to find.

Who is this Reign Maker that you speak of? You should encourage him to come visit his old friends around here. I hope he is doing well.

I'll try looking around after i get it running. I know i am not paying more than 35$ for it, that's one thing I'm sure of ;] Ain't worth it after that price.

I'll see if i can talk to him. I have to ask him about something on the silver supra anyways ;]

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
You'll like them untill the day they build a nest in a fuel line, oil channel, or intake of your car....it's happened before and rodknocked a forum members fresh built motor!