My 00 4runner!

Justin727

T-virus infected
Well I purchased about 4 months ago a Black 2000 2.7l 5spd with 99k on the clock. Wasn't in bad shape. Has a few dents and dings I'm suspecting from parking lots full of shopping carts. Had some water etching all over more so on the hood. Corner lights were holding water and one of the headlights had a nice rock hole. Buffed it out with a few of my 3M products and then waxed it. Paint looked as good as new. Now I can see myself in it and the paint isn't faded anymore.

I bought a new headlight assy, corner lenses, tinted the windows 5% picked up some Tundra 18's BBS's with TRD center caps like my old tundra had for free off a friends scrap truck. Initially went over the truck and drained all fluids and everything looked well kept. Nothing burnt, plugs looked good, air filter was new. Truck has been running great since I've bought it.
Put about 5k miles on it, synthetic oil, diff, trans fluid.

Will probably throw a powertrax in the rear end sometime then lift it and throw on the 18's. Might even possibly turbo it at some point and time with all my left over supra stock parts. Also will be doing the Tundra BBK as soon as the 18's are on! Can do that under 300$$

How it sits as of today, excuse the gloomy day and cell pics.
p1460038_1.jpg

It's been a month since I've waxed it last but the paint looks beautiful nowadays even when it's dirty, dusty, and full of rain water spots that you can barely see in the pic.
p1460038_2.jpg

Heres a pic of my old lifted Tundra. The 4runner will have the same wheels.
p1460038_3.jpg

Justin727

T-virus infected
Update:

Installed In channel VV's, Bug shield, 18" BBS/TRD wheels and tires. Got some speedhut gauges on the way and a lift. Waiting to install Locker for the rear end as well. Also will be doing the satoshi grill mod when my 96 model grille comes in.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Justin727

T-virus infected
Thanks guys!

Ian I love them to death. The have a little more output then the factory setup. The housings are a tid bit smaller and the brackets are beefy as hell. I actually got the setup for free from a buddy that worked at yota.
He told me he found me some foglights. Luckily they came out to be the Hella Micro DE's and I was very happy! Couldn't find my good camera so I suppose I'm off to buy a new one sometime this week. I'll get some cleaner pictures inside and out of the truck!

Justin727

T-virus infected
After finally getting some time to do something I finally did my retrofit and just need to tidy up somethings on the grill.

Attachments

• 071800_2002[00]..jpg
    071800_2002[00]..jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 071800_0935[00]..jpg
    071800_0935[00]..jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 071700_2118[00]..jpg
    071700_2118[00]..jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 12

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Your truck looks great, the black paint looks spectacular! How's the interior?

My '96 4Runner headlights are shot, a rock took out my driver's light... it's only a matter of time before it dies.

Is the E55 retrofit you did worth the effort over the output of the stock lights? Are they blinding to other drivers? I guess what I'm asking is should I upgrade or stay stock. I know I could find stock headlights for cheap off forums and such.

Thanks

Justin727

T-virus infected
Thanks I have about 10 hours invested into the paint myself. The truck was female owned so it had a few mall dings and sratches. I have the scratches taken care of and some of the dings out still working on most. The paint was badly faded, swirled, and had little to no life left in it.

I did a 3 stage paint correction with a buffer and a DA. Followed it with a Menzerna Paint sealant and XMT180 wax. The water beading is amazing. I've attatched a picture of it a few months later to show how well the paint is doing.

For minor swirl correction I've been using XMT360 using my Griots garage DA buffer.

Its a big improvement over the OEM lighting. The cut off line you see in the picture is to keep from blinding on comming traffic so I do not get flashed. But my projectors are Bixenon so if I flashed back I'm sure I would blind anything not wearing sun glasses at night lol.

My interior is OK. I had to extensively clean it with a steamer and some cleaners and then clean it agian. My driver seat has a small tear in it but I covered both seats. Pic attatched.

Thanks for the kind words!

Attachments

• 071300_1349[00]..jpg
    071300_1349[00]..jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0595..JPG
    IMG_0595..JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Love the retrofit. I put FX35 bi-xenons, using TSX clear lenses, thus making my retro a TFX in my M3. I used ZKW european glass lens housings. I now have HID low (obviously) HID high, and halogen highs with Osram Nightbreakers. I don't get flashed, and even if I did I don't think I'd flash them back. The light output from my car is incredible. I'm fairly certain I'd cook them in the driver's seat. LOL.

Paint looks incredible as well, Justin. Nice work! I only just started reading into paint correction, etc... I never had a shiny car until I bought my M3. I recently clayed it and the difference from that alone was fantastic, but it def. needs paint correction. Gotta get me an random orbital...

Justin727

T-virus infected
Thanks Shaeff! I bet that looks great man! Luckily I haven't gotten flashed but my cutoff line is below anyones site so IMHO it's where it should be (thank god). I've been trying to find a storage unit near by my house to keep the supra in because it's a few miles north in another city at my mom's house under the carport. Just finding any time to get up there to work on it is impossible. :(

But anyhow yes I use to do detailing on the side and still had a rotorary buffer and I sold my DA to a friend a year or so ago so he can keep his vette and bmw in good shape. The new griots garage DA is nice and strong. I bought it off of Autogeek.net on sale so it was a great investment. Think I may start back up detailing on the weekends again. But we'll see.

But the correction I did on the truck I was using my rotorary and the rest of my 3M perfect-it 3000 products and pads. I have recently bought more menzerna products, xmt stuff, and pads. I gotta say though menzerna makes some damn good products.

Last edited: