morganson's COP S-Type setup

BabylonDown

Feb 19, 2014
Toronto
nathaninwa;1991720 said:
Your welcome Absolutespeed.

BabylonDown, Ill look back tomorrow and see what needs done to tuck the wiring.

No worries. Here is the picture, credit to Supraguy@aol

p1991844_1.jpg

Eskimo

Aug 16, 2011
Moscow Mills, MO
So anyone have the issue with their intake tube not fitting with the coils under mounted. I think the only way to fix it would be to rotate the coil and cut off the mounting hole on the coil so it doesn't hit the cover and find a new way to hold the coil in place

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
With both the proto and the new unit i have not had an issue with the clearance. You must have the coil boots to tall. I havent confirmed yet as my transmission is currently trash but there may be a problem with #4 coil. But from my mock up head it looks like the valve cover can be clearanced. I didnt have to do so with the proto so im not quite sure whats up. Has anyone that has these installed on the new plate run into this? Possibly may be easier to slot the galley hole so that the plate can move over a little. I will get clarifacation on this.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I had to cut back my boots by another 3/8". Now the tops of my coils are flush with the top of the valve covers.

Last edited:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Nobody's selling the entire setup.
Morganson is selling the harness, and Nathaninwa is selling the mounting plates.
It's up to you to get the coils.

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
Sorry guys, hadnt checked in a bit. I havent gotten any pics or dimensions yet for grinding out for the wiring. Once the first one is done, i can work on the drawing and have them cut into as well.

I still have the one plate left, but think its spoken for. If enough can show interest Ill take some time out and cut more. Im mid motor swap in a Mazda B2000 with MS for a daily pickup so I can do some body and paint on my Volvo

drogon

Oct 29, 2013
Dallas Texas
Maybe supraguy@aol would be kind enough to take a pic from the top of his set up, definitely interested in buying one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
There's really nothing very technical about the wire slots.
I took an angle grinder to the edge, and made cuts, approximately 1/4" deep by 1/4" across, and beveled both sides to protect the wires.
The cuts were made roughly in line with each coil mounting bolt, #'s 1-5, with the wire at each extending back to reach the next coil(slot 2 to coil 3, slot 3 to coil 4, etc.
Coil #1 didn't need a cut in front of it, since the #1 wire can simply fit past the narrower front section of the plate.

p1993731_1.jpg

nathaninwa

Jul 1, 2012
Aberdeen, WA
Sounds great. Ill pickup some more washers for the coil spacers.

I have the one plate left then, it needs to the hole moved so the finish will be a scotch brite style.