morganson's COP S-Type setup

morganson

Jan 19, 2012
Columbia, SC
And the angled plug. Won't clear the TB pipe if equiped. If FFIM then no worries. And you will have to buy different boots. But they are better.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
Well it's odd when I review the scope images with parallel or reversed connection. It's like only one coil is charging. Might be how the secondary is connected. I've seen pictures showing secondary grounded through plug but hooked up to the 12v b+ too. Guess the idea is to keep the voltage potentials in favor of the plug being the ground at all times. Dont fully understand what's happening with coils due to lack of knowledge on the inductor side. Haven't had that class yet!

Only way this works is how you guys figured it out.

newlife

Jun 15, 2009
ohio
it seems that the biggest question about this setup would be its ability to handle high boost levels and i live near summit racing and they offer a lot of different coils to replace the factory one that you all are talking about. my car has a miss and i feel it might be the coils going bad and would love to do this mod. ive replaced the cps on mine with a reman one and still have the miss she has new plugs and wires so this mod is very appealling to me. the other coils i was looking at are
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/grn-2502r/overview/make/ford i saw the video on the accel one that were put on a mustang and it showed a 6hp increase not much but if it helps her run better then i'm in.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
nathaninwa;1982015 said:
I just figured a 2x2 sheet of material, and getting 7 coil holders from that sheet. With material and plasma time, and since I do this in the garage in my spare time Im seeing cost out the door at like 19.00 each from 1/8 material. Since its a hobby!, I can do singles or batches. Not sure what the best shipping method would be, priority mail in a tube as suggested, or something flat.

If youd like I can post some work, or even cut one out and send to someone for testing.

any updates on some mounting plates? id definitely take one if you're doing them for around 19.00

pete05

Nov 24, 2012
australia
Using this setup is the ignitor being put under more stress seem as we are running extra coils at a higher resistance? Can the components in the ignitor cope with the extra current draw?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
p1983147_1.jpg

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
I've been following along but was out of town. I'm back now and picked up a spare coil to make sure everything fits properly. Good thing I did too..

Might be hard to see but the mounting hole doesn't line up (this is why I wanted to make a test piece).
Also, I want to make sure Morganson is ok with me sharing the file. This was all his idea and don't want to pass it on without his permission.

So Nathaninwa, I will make the changes and send it to you as long as Morganson is cool with it.