more pics of the black 7m mkii

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
well, i figured some more things out. found out why it wasnt reading the wideband. wasnt calibrated. theres 2 diff windows you have to choose wideband. single wideband in one window then calibrate and set it to the wideband you have, i have a aem linear so thats what i set it to. now the ms2 readout on the laptop is the same as the aem gauge. i havent driven it like this yet. waiting till i get paid friday and going to fill it up with 93 octane before driving around datalogging and tuning and such.

oldschool85

1fstmk2
Mar 30, 2005
Denver, PA
william.....that car has come a long way soo far. I remember talking to you i believe a year and a half ago when you wanted to start doing all this to the black 85. :) looks and sounds great, cant wait til you put the bigger snail on and retune. Actually i cant wait til i get my redpra back on the road been too long.

Hey btw since your in FL go meet up with pituala (armin) and whoop that 1jz's ass for me LMAO.

Charlie

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
got to wait till its all done first. he has an advantage, he makes more money and has a full shop including lift. lol. that bastard. lol

oldschool85

1fstmk2
Mar 30, 2005
Denver, PA
he's puttin down some impressive times as well. i believe if you can hook at the track then it will be a great to see two black mk2's smacking down the 1320. alot of the 7m mk2's are having a hard time hooking at the track from what ive seen. i've only seen a couple 350-400rwhp mk2's hitting the low 12s to high 11's so far. Your build is getting me motivated to getting mine back up and running though. :) good stuff will

charlie

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
hooking isnt gonna be a problem. im afraid of breaking axels as i havent had the chance to fab the new ones i got planned yet. i got 275/50/15 nittos on my 15in are mesh wheels for the track and the rear suspension is set up good. never got to race on them but last i went o the track wit thhe old motor with a melted piston, i did a burn out then reved to 6k and dumped the clutch. it didnt spin, just hooked and took off. i staged up and then they told me i had to get of fthe track. crank case vent blew oil on the track during the burnout, they wouldnt let me race. trust me, ive got it all figured out, just didnt have time, now i have time and dont have the money. damn economy bullshit. i got a pay cut when my old dept shut down at work. it was either quit or take the pay cut and stay wit hthe company and wait/hope another good option comes along. so far no luck on the money front.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
holy fucking shit!!!!!!!!!!!! my car is fast as fuck now. lol. well, its pretty much tuned all the way using the auto tune feature and driving it for awhile and just burning it to the ms2 every time i was at a light or getting off the interstate. previously the boost was ~15psi and without touchuing the controller it spikes to 22psi then levels back down at ~19psi. this thing is sick. i think the correct afr's with a better timing curve then the stock ecu had is the source of all the added power. i cant beleive how much harder it pulls. with my nitto drag radials on the back from a 3rd gear roll i get tire spin!!!!!!!!!! just rolling on the throttle. damn. its awesome. i have hada pop in the upper rpms a couple times. my tach in the dash isnt working and i was watchign the road not the laptop so i think i hit the rev limiter which is set to 7100rpm. i think the issue is im used to shifting when the power drops off up top, and the power doesnt drop off. lol. i need to hook my tach up or have someone rie with me holding the laptop thats brave enough to just look at it and tell me if i hit 7k or not. lol. all i ant to do now is tune the tps response a lil more and i think its set. cruise is in the low 16's which is fine. egts' never gat high, highest ive seen is like 1300 and thats under full boost in 5th. on stock ecm it would get in the low mid 1500's. mine is in the manifold right off the #6 runner. ill post my msq when everything is perfect. i think the autotune needs to tweak the cruise afr's a lil more. just got to do more driving. afr's under boost are 12.3:1ish. pulls like mad. god im so happy right now. i thought id be tuning for weeks. im going to try and get my ffim built asap so i can install that and the new fmic and retune it some more. should make quite a big improvment that way. oh, and the engine just sounds totally diff. sounds so much meaner and nastier its unreal. i LOVE it!.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
That's awesome william! Glad she's running awesome for ya now. It's a shame I'm so far, or I'd be willing to be your co-pilot to check out the laptop ;)

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
Tanya;1253778 said:
you get YOUR ass down HERE. 156 miles, you can be here in an hour. Heh.

:D

i have gone down there. as i recall it as to return YOUR toolbox that YOU left at chris's house. lol. your turn. lol

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
i did fix her car. took all of 2min remember. lol. she took me for a ride to show me how fast it was and then i asked when she was going to floor it and she said " i am flooring it." lol. and then i showed you guys why it kept doing what it was doing and what to do to stop the leak to keep water out of there. lol. but i guess you forgot you left your toolbox at chris's. lol

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
Yeah I don't remember that at all :[

I would like a ride in your Supra now, but I won't ever be going to tampa again, haha. Not with my broke ass and no car. Going up north in April, but it's out of state. Have fun enjoying your car now :D

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
well, ordered more stuff. ill post pics as the parts come in.

first is the big block chevy dipstick i bought. i dont like the 2 piece 7mgte design and this is long enough i can bend it and mount it behind the power steering reservoir bracket to make checking the oil easy. once mounted ill make a new notch on it with my dremel so i know where full is.

p1266739_1.jpg

next is the polished 50mm tial knockoff bov. i took it apart and greased the center rod that slides into the upper piece to be sure its going to work nice and smooth. got the flange welded to the pipe now but havent had a chance to put it in yet. was busy working on my friends 75 celica all weekend.

p1266739_2.jpg

p1266739_3.jpg

p1266739_4.jpg

also ordered a summit fan switch, 185 on, 170 off. dont have a pic of it but it came in thursday. still waiting on my new turbo manifold, hks 1.2mm mhg for the engine im rebuilding and the aluminum radiator as well.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
pics of my new blow off valve installed. still need to pull it off again and paint the pipe black.

p1270069_1.jpg

p1270069_2.jpg

and my new turbo manifold that came in today.

p1270069_3.jpg

p1270069_4.jpg

and my hks 1.2mm mhg that came in today.

p1270069_5.jpg

p1270069_6.jpg

still waiting on my aluminum radiator.

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
that turbo is MASSIVE!

what kind of oil relocation kit is that?

i love your MS setup. i was actually thinking of going that route, but i'm still not sure

-t3d

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
turbo isnt massive. prolly the best street turbo for me though honestly. its a garrett gt4082 with 0.68 a/r turbine housing.

as for the oil filter relocation kit. its one for a 5.0 mustang, bought it at automotive engineering on us19. lol. i didnt mount it where i want as i plan to replace those push lock hoses with ss braided lines and reusable fittings. that way i can plumb in my rx7 oil cooler as well. once i have all the lines and stuff to do it i will. hopefully soon. trying to get the fittings and stuff to do the oil lines for the new turbo first so i can route the relocation hoses so they wont interfere.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
got my radiator in finally. was supposed to be in yesterday. now i need to dig out the mk3 mounts and lower rubber grommets. its a mk3 radiator and i have the lower radiator mount that dave did a group buy for like a year or 2 ago. lol

p1281477_1.jpg

p1281477_2.jpg