more cooling needed.

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
well folks got the under tray. and yep didnt fit bec of my fmic. Its the hks style one. (like the old school style one) but Nothing Like cutting up $200 worth of plastic. I really hope this helps with the cooling.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
hvyman;1927517 said:
Stock fan clutch puts out over 3k cfm. 2200 is not even close.

I should make a video of the Tundra fan clutch and let people listen to it and tell me their e-fan from anywhere is even remotely close.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
hvyman;1928898 said:
So is a 4 runner one.

They might be the same unit. I already don't remember specifically what I bought. I was snooping for it on Toyotapartzone.com and found what looked good.

edit: Clutch for the towing package with the 2001-2004 Tacoma 4.0.

Last edited:

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
I found the under tray to not be half as useful as what folks on here say. We did some runs logging on other cars, like Skylines with and without, and it didn't make much difference, at least not compared to rad fans, shrouds, forward ducting and thicker rad.

To each his own; I do however always try to follow experience from guys like IJ etc.

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
I can say logging my own results made shrouding around the intercooler to the radiator droped and average of 3-4degrees on cruise but at the lights on a hot day I know my fans aren't up to the job

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
1-2clutch-u;1929993 said:
OK so the undertray didnt work so thats $200 gone.

What do you mean it didn't work? You measured before and after CFM while moving? Oh, that is right, you didn't. Not to worry, engineers already figured it out, and the cover creates low pressure behind the radiator so airflow increases over it. Removing it pushes towards equalizing pressure which limits airflow. This isn't a debatable point.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I just re-read this thread, and i didn't see it mentioned:
If you're using this car for the track, are you still running the ac system?
Road racing is a higher than normal heat load of course, and maybe it would help you to remove the ac condenser from the airflow path.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
supraguy@aol;1930049 said:
Road racing is a higher than normal heat load of course, and maybe it would help you to remove the ac condenser from the airflow path.

This, especially if the AC condenser fins are all bent up. My A/C pump/lines were out of the car already but the previous owner didn't remove the condenser for whatever reason. I removed it and it was in very poor condition, made a very significant difference to the cooling capacity. Went from bumping up to the stock e-fan switch point during highway cruising to sitting right around 200*F.

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
Sorry for the lack of info. But no ac stuff up front or power steering cooler or even oil cooler to block flow. The oil cooler has been relocated to the driver fog light. Thanks jetjock well I think but I just wanted to know what other people have done. Someone has had to road race a 7m and ran into cooling issues? If they did a big rad then they would have ran into the not being able to run the stock fan. I dont really wanna throw money at it with out good results. Nick I did not do a cfm test. I understand that they did it for a reason but the end result of me replacing it didnt help me. So whats a fella to do. The days Iv ran so far the outside temp was about 65 max and track temp was 80 max so when It gets hotter out I'm sure it will be worse.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
1-2clutch-u;1930289 said:
Sorry for the lack of info. But no ac stuff up front or power steering cooler or even oil cooler to block flow. The oil cooler has been relocated to the driver fog light. Thanks jetjock well I think but I just wanted to know what other people have done. Someone has had to road race a 7m and ran into cooling issues? If they did a big rad then they would have ran into the not being able to run the stock fan. I dont really wanna throw money at it with out good results. Nick I did not do a cfm test. I understand that they did it for a reason but the end result of me replacing it didnt help me. So whats a fella to do. The days Iv ran so far the outside temp was about 65 max and track temp was 80 max so when It gets hotter out I'm sure it will be worse.

- There are several plastic pieces to duct air into the radiator on the sides. If you're missing them, you need them.

- I know several people that have road raced 7M's and been perfectly fine with a stock cooling system.

- Big radiator fits fine with the stock fan, try again.

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
Ok Im willing to go all in on it. Does anybody have pics of the side covers or a part #. Also whats the best fan and fan clutch combo I can make. If this doesn't work Im gonna go crazy.

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
supraguy@aol;1930049 said:

I totally mentioned that on like page 2. I suggest you re re read this thread lol