Mookeh eBay short shifter experiences

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
The price of C's shifter gave me a stomach ache. I do realize that you get what you pay for, but $390 is really out of my budget. I may get a junkyard/used-forum stock shifter and try to work with that. Yes, the fulcrum will be the same, so shift angle wont change, but just a shorter throw would be nice. I'd cut it and have the threads for the oem knob welded on. If I ran into any problems, i'd still have my original shifter hanging around. Anyone with a stock shifter that wants to sell it?????

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
gilberjj said:
DON'T!!!!! the problem is NOT the shifter. get these shifter bushings from marlincrawler.com
they are derlin, compared to the smooshy 20 year old bushings in your car. they will absolutely make your tranny shift like brand new. they are one of the best mods for the money ive ever done to my car!

http://www.marlincrawler.com/htm/transmission/trans_parts.htm

get the 10077 and the 10078

i remember shipping being overly priced, but just trust me and do it. the shifter is rattleing cause the stock bushings are wore out. if your put these in, your shifter will be rock solid in place and will have no side to side movement while in gear.

^ Agreed
This was one of the best parts I put on my car.
It makes so much of a difference, and so cheap!
My shifter has 0 side to side movement now, and is much more precise.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
gilberjj said:
DON'T!!!!! the problem is NOT the shifter. get these shifter bushings from marlincrawler.com
they are derlin, compared to the smooshy 20 year old bushings in your car. they will absolutely make your tranny shift like brand new. they are one of the best mods for the money ive ever done to my car!

They won't work work a short throw shifter. The shifter pivot is not in the stock location. The bottom bushing will work, but the ball seat won't

I will agree with you though, they are awesome for stock shifters. I run them in my Celica, and ran them in my MKIII before I got a short shifter.

s turbo 87

Accepting Donations
Apr 5, 2005
Louisville, KY
gilberjj said:

i remember shipping being overly priced, but just trust me and do it. the shifter is rattleing cause the stock bushings are wore out. if your put these in, your shifter will be rock solid in place and will have no side to side movement while in gear.
thanks for reminding me to get these. been on my list for a while. just ordered them :icon_bigg

87witmoreboost

Officially HKS'd
Aug 27, 2007
New Hampshire
What's the latest word here? Any more feedback on the top-picture shifter? I've been checking eBay and they removed that one for MK3's and now sell the little skinny one for the same price. Thassum bo-shit if you ask me.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
mine is not for sale as of right now tell the next gen one is comeing out same feel but no core needed

comes in a upgrade shifter kit that you asemble at home

when is going to be coming out hopefully befor summer

price 170 to 200

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
^^ Cool :) I would've jumped on your s.s. during the group buy, but I drive my car every day. Hard to do without a shifter...