MKII Gets Antique Status !!

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
Yes it's true, 25 years have gone by in a flash and now the 2nd gen Supra is now Antique :icon_bigg Registration just went down from 180 /yr to $75.00 My insurance will be @120/yr for full coverage based on the appraisel. I will post those results when I get them on monday. The regulations in NFLD are straight forward and any car can have an upgraded engine as long as it's from another car of the same model.... ..So guys it's comming soon for the MKIII's so keep them shiny and check your local guidelines ...some states the antiques get exempt from smog test and annual inspections.

Well thats it except some guy asked me yesterday if my car was a new model Toyota has for 08 ?? :nono: I said no they don't make em like they used to !!

Antique Supra FTW!!!!

p732136_1.jpg

p732136_2.jpg

p732136_3.jpg

p732136_4.jpg

Last edited:

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

I really love the MKII. Your block off plate is a nice touch to the engine bay.

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Very, very nice looking MKII. I love it in black. You've got a great looking set up there.

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
zurud said:
Is there any restriction with antique plate like mileage or usage?

Yes it does state that it can't be a DD and can only be used for " occasional use , car shows etc " the question is who will enforce it and what the hell is occasional use ?? Truth is it's only a sunny day car for me so that was not an issue . If your car is a DD then it's best to leave it as is. These old cars are a dying breed around here so i'd like to keep this one for a very long time, therefore it makes sense to keep the annual cost down and keep the investment protected under the Antique insurance rates and policies. Any damage is fully covered based on appraised value ...Not book value !!!! :icon_bigg

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
Haha that is coool to bad cali doens't get stuff like that... The only cool thing I have is the older Blue license plate.

Yotaholic

Apr 2, 2007
Nfld.Canada
Just got the appraisel results $ 13,680.00cdn Not bad considering they had nothing to compare it to so i'm happy knowing i'm covered for that amount. :icon_bigg Get your cars appraised and your insurance adjusted , if you check the book value on MKII's and MKIII's you will be very dissapointed and even more so if thats all you get back if your car gets wrecked:nono:

Last edited: