mk4 brakes to mk3

Archon

Mar 6, 2008
Russia
www.200mph.ru
rodel

NO exact information about custon hubs :(

mytmk3 don't answer PM and e-mail :((

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

PureDrifter

what is "night pager kit for the mkiv brakes"
?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
mytmk3 posted on this on the other forums. His hubs are not stock. The previous owner of the hubs built the hubs with mk4 caliper mounting points instead of mk3. Apparently where they live any car mods need to look factory to avoid a fine when inspected.

those brakes are mine the po was some kind of fancy engeneer with acces to all the good equipment it is a jza70 hub the mounting brackets for the calipers were remade so that it would look like the brakes were stock.

because in nz every 6 months we have to get a road worthy check so any mods need to be certified im sure it would be alot easier to make brakets to bolt on the calipers he did it the hard way because he was qualified for it and it was free for him to do i guess(cheaper than cert)

have also heard the jza80 rotors dont fit the ma70 hubs because of the abs mine does not have that so not an issue for me but have been told you can use 350z track rotors instead and makes the whole thing alot simpler.

I didn't make this kit just got lucky to get it for a steal with brand new calipers ect ect from toyota.

imo there are a few good kits for decent money avalible now it's just easier to go with that unless you got given a set of brakes (dont know about usa mk4's but jdm ones the na is only 2pot front) or are an engineer of some description you can make anything work provided you have either the skills of the money... mytmk3

It looks as simple as a custom bracket and some 350z track rotors..

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
The night pager sucks. Its hella janky and the pad over hangs from the edge of the rotor a little.

The only BOLT ON solutions you have without some custom fab or modification are the AZP wilwoods or the Doward Mustang brakes.

Both are 13" brakes
Wilwood is a 4 piston caliper- Mustang is a 2 piston caliper
Both include all hardware and bracketry
Mustang costs about half what the Wilwoods cost

So those are your bolt on options. Obviously price is proportionate to how many pistons you want. The Wilwoods are amazing, i have them on my MKIII, very good fitment, excellently engineered by Andy.
The Mustang brakes are also an awesome "bang for buck" upgrade. 13" brakes for about $700 out the door? Great. Of course you only get 2 piston calipers instead of 4 pistons, so the braking isnt as tight as the Wilwoods but its still a HUGE improvement over stock and costs half as much.

So take the differences into account and figure out what works best for you. Doward's mustang brake GB is over but I still have several brackets if you decide to go that way

Archon

Mar 6, 2008
Russia
www.200mph.ru
Well,
I try to install Mk4 brakes on my Supra Mk3. Now I had finished some machine work, and now I produce an adaptors. I think it possible to install without welding.

Here some pictures
Finaly it will looks so:
i-1182.jpg

i-1183.jpg

Adaptor will be here for 4 screws
i-1181.jpg

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Well yeah we all told you you would need an adapter. For the cost of the MKIV calipers themselves (they arent so cheap) and all the other parts to make it work, you should've just gotten the Wilwoods, lol

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Mk4 Calipers are heavy as Lead (One Half is Cast Iron), I wouldn't use them if there were any other option available, I used Mk4 Rotors F/R with AP 4 Piston calipers on my own brackets.

PureDrifter

VIP Cruisin'...
Aug 11, 2009
CA
www.clublexus.com
i may be in the minority but i'm interested iin a set of adapters if you do make them :)

mind you, i'd run 2LS400 calipers (~8.2mm difference in diameter) which are 2pc aluminum and a TON lighter than the TT calipers. they use the same bolt-pattern as the TT.

what rotor did you end up using?

given shipping costs, i'd prolly just want to buy some autocad or solidworks drawings from you to have them made locally.

Archon

Mar 6, 2008
Russia
www.200mph.ru
Poodles
Man, you have never been in Russia. It is Very dirty, cold and wet. I now some cars, who have problems with wilwood in our country.
i-511.jpg

PureDrifter
I use Supra Mk4 320mm front rotors on my Supra Mk3