MK3 Supra Drift Button!

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
Well i assume everyone or at leats 75% of the members on this forum have heard of the "drift button", also known as a Spin Turn Knob. Well in my search for one for the Supra i found out that cusco never made one, and that no shop or other company has made one.

And since i still have the one from my old miata lying around, today i thought what the heck, and see if it'll fit.

so i unscrewed the stock side brake button, took the spring, took that little metal piece that surrounds the hole, and popped in and screwed in the Miata Spin Turn Knob.

and in the end it worked as it should, when button is engaged you pull up and let go, and there's no need to worry about the Side Brake still being engaged. and when the button is disengaged it works like a normal e-brake!

ONLY PROBLEM! that i found out tho, is that with the miata button you can, but shouldm't screw it in all the way. I did and when disengaged the side brake would work but pop out a few times. so i unscrewed it a bit and it works perfect!

...well i just wanted to let people know, just in case they were trying to find one, as i was. ^_^

W

w0rm

Or you could just get some more power so you can slide around with the throttle rather than the ebrake like a honda ricer : :wuteva:

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
haha you make me laugh....you don't really need that much power to drift. also the e-brake is used by many Pro's as well. Ueno, Imamura, Nomuken, and more, so are they "honda ricers" haha i don't think so.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
when ever i drift, my problem is the inital kick out, ive got to much traction when i go into the corner, so the ebrake handle would be great for what i need.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
If you have to have a drift button, you don't have enought HP.
Just my $.02
Using the ebrake is a quick way to burn up $30+ dollar A SHOE parking brakes.
A better way would be to install a brake bias controller.

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
I just took this pic 3 mins ago with my phone, so sorry about the quality. I imported my car from Japan and it had this drift button on it when I got it. Never used it to drift and I think its ugly. I might use it one day for what its designed for but who knows?

If you have to have a drift button, you don't have enought HP.
I know guys who have 500hp and a drift button, I'd hate to see what is ENOUGH hp. LOL

(Opps did I get my Blitz MBC, Apexi SafcII, Pioneer Headunit, and momo pedals in that pic? Good thing I didn't get the blitz TT as well (sarcasim). LMAO)

Attachments

• Image(172).jpg
    Image(172).jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 101

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
I have the Cusco "spin turn" knob or "ebrake drift" button.

I bought it from Driftfactorywharehouse.com, it was like $20 shipped.

Its all CNC aluminum. Its for the AE86 Corolla. I came to find out its the same thread/pitch and depth.....well i stumbled on it basically. When i got my Nardi steering wheel, i got the Nardi hub for a corolla that fits the Cressida and Supra mk3 too.....so why wouldnt they have the same e-brake button I asked my self.

It works, BEUTIFULLY.

I just weight shift and e-brake into long slides. Nothing like it.

And you can still engauge the e-brake for parking situations! You just lock it buy litterally PULLING it OUT....it pulls the cable.

-Jonathan

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
The Supra's e-brake system works well, but it wasn't designed to be used while the vehicle is in motion, as is indicated by the very thin brake shoes in the drum assembly. Granted they aren't that much to change, but if you were using it all the time, I think you'd wear them out in not too much time.

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
for a while my dream car was the turbo-a... until i realized that the extra money is being spent on nothing more than a novelty.

Plus it would sit in my garage for a lifetime.

Eric_Odie

Apr 17, 2005
Fremont, Ca.
www.cardomain.com
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
Yeah well here in USA you don't see too many RHD cars, except for the mail people...oh well. I'd love to have a mitsubishi FTO imported here...SOOOOO beautiful. My dream import though: Silvia S15....*drools*

THAT'S MY DREAM IMPORT TOO! ONE DAY, ONE DAY WE WILL IMPORT THOSE! hehe