MK3 Supra Drift Button!

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Well then, now that we're hopelessly off topic and have people bashing supras on a SUPRA-based forum, what's next? Oh, that's right, a pathetic attempt at getting back on topic.

The e-brake button modification is popular on ae86's, they just remove the spring for the button and the button itself and replace it with one of the door lock pulls. You could probably find a suitable door lock pull at autozone, if you like.

CSquared

Apr 5, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Anyone ever watch the drift bible? Although he does suggest that pulling the e-brake is a valid way to initiate the drift he also says that it is a beginner's technique.

I'm not exactly mr drift king but i never have and never will use the ebrake.

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
My Cusco one is better quality though :)

Its CNC machined rather than die cast. Threads are the right pitch as well.....some off beat aftermarket peices dont have the RIGHT thread pitch/depth...but come "close"...

Just find one on ebay for a AE86 'rolla and go from there. Its an exact fit. :boink:

Well then, now that we're hopelessly off topic and have people bashing supras on a SUPRA-based forum, what's next? Oh, that's right, a pathetic attempt at getting back on topic.

......That made no sense in this thread. :ugh2:

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
cramerizking said:
Anyone ever watch the drift bible? Although he does suggest that pulling the e-brake is a valid way to initiate the drift he also says that it is a beginner's technique.

I'm not exactly mr drift king but i never have and never will use the ebrake.

Dood, its just shifting the weight of the car.......if you are at 50mph coming into a large intersection or big wide area looking to say drift a 90 degree corner.....I dont think a clutch kick would do you any good....nor would Dori Dori either. The Dori Dori is HIGHLY technical and proffesionals STILL have a hard time with them. You must have good traction and no dirt/debri in the road for a Dori Dori.......and in a HEAVY car ( even the supra or 4 door sedans) the Dori Dori is VERY risky.

I use the E-Brake all the time....and I am not an amature. Its just another tool to use while drifting.

-Jonathan

Mk3 TurboS

No not a "Turbo A"
Mar 31, 2005
Australia
First up it's shaven, If i let it grow I have a full head of 21 YO hair. And about that shift knob let me explain. I'll take you back to christmas day. My beautiful and gorgeous girlfriend walks in with a bunch of goodies. " here you go, the guys at AUTOBARN said you should like it" I rip it open and see a shiney chrome shift knob with Blue LED's on it. First thought, you AUTOBARN bastards. ( i do love AUTOBARN though it rocks ) Second though look surprised for the girl. " i love it buba that will look really good in my nice new Supra" :icon_cry: And you all have done this before so don't lie!

Poatree

May 14, 2005
Edmonton
www.shiftin.com
K I wasn't going to post in this thread but now i have to :p

Within my group of friends we call ebraking to drift "dropping an E-bomb" lol...

The ebrake... when i was first learning how to drift years ago when I first got my 240, the main technique people were using to learn with at my local spots was the ebrake/clutch kick. Personally I found that the ebrake is an unnatural way to initiate a slide... and having to time it properly to clutch kick when releasing the ebrake can be tricky. Most of us learned just to use a weight transfer technique from turning in really sharp and countersteering immediately while applying the throttle. The turn in had to be combined with a braking (or a low-gear partial downshift followed by an upshift to a proper gear before the engine speed catches up to the tranny speed of the too-low gear, this is called shift lock and its not the greatest either) to transfer the weight over the front wheels such that:

A) Oversteer is induced.

B) Weight balance is shifted more off of the rear wheels, allowing them to slide more easily.

If you guys are looking to start drifting more, i recommend you don't use the ebrake method to learn... its more of a desperation measure than anything, if you mess up and realise that you're understeering into the outside of the corner (or a curb lol) you can drop an e-bomb and harmlessly 180 and stop before any damage is done.

That being said, if you're attempting to drift a very long, shallow corner, you might need to use the ebrake because you won't be able to turn in sharp or anything because you'll need to hold a shallow angle.

Main thing to remember when trying to learn is to find a place where NOONE is around... mostly so you don't run the risk of hurting someone, but also so you don't get any unwanted attention. If you're in the lower mainland in BC, shoot me a PM and I'd be more than happy to take you to some spots on a weekend sometime.

Remember also that supras are heavy cars :p in my 240, if i hit a curb (never happened thank god haha) i'd likely just bounce off of it... in a supra the weight is so much that it would just power over the curb and do horrifying things to your wheel and suspension.

Anyways thats how I feel about the ebraking.

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Funny story, I actually may be very very close to there soon. I'm going to michigan to visit a friend. I'm not sure how close 3-mile road is to you...but yeah...we're talking about going up to canada for a week or 2. How far is Vancouver, or wherever you live, from there?

PS--I think my dad's buying his friend's neighbor's 200sx for me to drive around...know anything special about them?

~Brandon~