Mk3 Mirrors

87MK111Supra

Jan 19, 2009
San Diego
I need to replace both mirrors as they are cracked pretty badly. Will a 92 mirror plug right into an 87? If not, what kind of modifications are necessary?

It's almost impossible to find 87 mirrors so I figured I'd see if you guys knew if it would work. Thanks.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
They should plug up, and look WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than pre 89 mirrors..

The only issue I ran into on my girl's 86.5, was the fact that the plugs were different, HOWEVER, the pins fit together and if you find a way to hold the two plugs together (with say, a rubber band, zip tie, etc) then they'll work and function like normal, including the mirror heaters...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
RazoE;1289632 said:
They should plug up, and look WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than pre 89 mirrors..

The only issue I ran into on my girl's 86.5, was the fact that the plugs were different, HOWEVER, the pins fit together and if you find a way to hold the two plugs together (with say, a rubber band, zip tie, etc) then they'll work and function like normal, including the mirror heaters...

Did you take off the small extra plastic piece on the door wiring? ;) If you remove that piece, the '89+ mirrors plug right in with no modifications.

May 18, 2007
Aarhus
Guyana00;1293735 said:
does anyone know the relay location for the power mirrors on the jza70?

I'm not sure but I put mine in the passenger side door. So on a JZA70 it might be in the passenger side too. There is a spot equivalent to the spot in the drivers side door where the window relay module is located.