Mk2 sunshade/spoiler on mk3??

nitroneon85

Jun 25, 2013
Ohio, USA
Anybody know if the large rear sunshade from the mk2 would fit on an mk3? Or if anyone knows the rear hatch width of an mk2? Our sunshades are too small and wimpy and want to try to get a giant one from an mk2 but have nothing to measure against other than my 3. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I have both cars sitting outside, but it's freezing outside...

Keep in mind the MKII "sunshade" is a wing and it's also supported through the glass.

nitroneon85

Jun 25, 2013
Ohio, USA
Haha freezing, you crack me up. It's 1 degree by me right now!! Well if you could get me
A measurement of the width of the mk2 hatch just at the point even w the top piece of trim, when it gets "warmer" of course, lol, I'd be much obliged.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Freezing, 2am, take your pick :p

Yeah, I'll try to get the measurements. I don't think it will work though regardless as the main mounts are at the ends and the MKII hatch has a lot more metal around the outside of the glass on the hatch. You'd essentially have to mount it entirely to the glass I think or some kind of mount that went around the edge of the hatch.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I realize you're talking about the sunshade. I'm saying that if anyone was to replicate anything, they'd start with the wing, and that hasn't been done either. The only Regulus part that's been attempted is the tail light covers, IIRC.

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
the Regulus kit is dope but the Hiro is best IMO, nicer looking tail mask and the double wing gets me, not to mention just as rare. I'd love to visit japan just to get some of these things. you could prolly pay for your trip afterwards with some FG LOL

nitroneon85

Jun 25, 2013
Ohio, USA
a5asapy9.jpg

This ones available on eBay that I'm gonna hack up to fit. Gotta look outside the supra world.

supramad77

supramad
Feb 5, 2006
Dartmouth, Devon, UK
used to have a large wing on my mk2 it was not fitted through the glass it was held on boths sides. seem to remember drilling 4 holes to mount it through the hatch. Sorry i can be much help to dimentions though i dont have the car anymore,