MK2+7M+v160+5.29 final drive

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
IndigoMKII;1792080 said:
Look at Mibrum.

how he can do it.... easy it is drag car they don't get the stress like track car would.

the true sercret to stuiped high reving 7m is a griddle, dry sump so there no oil pissing around the crank shaft and stroungest rods and the lightest piston you can run

a buject 7500 to 8000

crank scraper/ good rods any after market will do/ je pistons thermo/molly coated the better / incress oil persure and get of the shitty persure bleed cooling system/ and delete oil squirter's

must thing i am wack job about deleting oil surters but trd decided to remove them in there group a car

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
IndigoMKII;1792110 said:
Why delete them though?

Well the theroy's behind this is not in order in any way are 1 There will be less weight on the under side of the piston. 2 aftermarket pistons can take more heat because there much more dense then a cast piston and genraly take more heat. 3 not letting the oil bleed from the main oil supple valley. 4 efi system's today are far and above what they were back then. 5 crank case windage. 6 oil is better then befor as well, besides the newer based oil that have gotten rid zinc ect to save catletick converters

Toyota 7mgte has 2 piston jet oil squirters 1. persure releaf from the main rod cap 7mge/7mgte 2. oil cooling jets that bleed persure at higher rpm levels aimed at the under side of the piston but some have tested that they open even the new one at really low levels

pretty sure buck shot glass was the one who tested a bunch

now I must say most after market rod's will not have this hole drilled into them because it leavs weak point were crack's can form the other issue is you can get mild leported of the baring from a mild knock/or high ramp in power aka nos because the oil bleeds out to easy (good enigne builder told me this)

so now for this time around i still not sure if i should drill a really small hole or just leav it alone.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
I figured leaving the underside of the piston cooler is always a good thing but if they're not working properly at higher pressures then just leaves an oil 'leak' instead of oil going where it needs. Makes me wonder about a few things when I go to build my spare 7m block.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
IndigoMKII;1792509 said:
I figured leaving the underside of the piston cooler is always a good thing but if they're not working properly at higher pressures then just leaves an oil 'leak' instead of oil going where it needs. Makes me wonder about a few things when I go to build my spare 7m block.

if you do decide to drop them make sure you running aftermarket pistons if you plan to go the extra mile

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Then why did toyota's race team use n/a blocks ?

many other race teams have done this in many other block's ie not all toyota

I see noway days motor are running motor's hotter to burn off hydro carbons ect the resalt in this is greater heat

in a motor that is design for power really wonte have these high temps to certon point how ever it is pending on your tune in the long run

another reason for this is piston thick ness aka dome and the after market piston are rather thick

for example I ran my motor witch did die from detoantion but not form the heat from the under side of the pistons

this was gone over by the head tec at JE when I sent them in

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
that's what you say......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMnFbsy0Hgg

this is big drain on the system makes the oil pump work that much harder to move the oil and provide proper gpm of oil this is one reason why the 7mgte oil persure is so very low vs the 7mge witch is higher then the 7mgte at all levels mix this with bigger oil cooling systems can = less persure and flow

granted when you doing this type of mods you building motor around it and going for goal that is possible

alot of the 4x4 crowed that run 7mge block's that are turboed last longer the 7mgte witch every one suffer's form rod knock faster then the none oil jets brothers and 4x4ing is alot times more stressfull then driveing you car fast

even the 7mgte/7mge drifter guy's have this issue

if the piston can take the heat then you be fine.

if you are shooting for stuiped amontes of power i would sudjest a nice dry sump with oil squrters for the perfect setup

that is all I really have to say about it

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
And you're the authority on building 7M's of course.... :nono:

I don't judge you on your spelling but on the 5+ years of failures in everything you do.

When you get an engine to stay together longer than 5 minutes then start posting your "knowledge" until then I take everything you post as second hand miscomprehended hearsay.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
nojesse.jpg

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
te72;1792075 said:
Well, I commend your bravery sir, good luck with your build, and prove us all wrong.

7m revving:
7000: No problem
7500: stressing things...
8000: Better be balanced within a half gram...
8500: You're pushing it...
9000+: You are either brave, crazy, or some combination of the above, with a sprinkling of audacity just for fun. :p

Steven will be revin his 7m to 10,500rpm

Now what!?!

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
IBoughtASupra;1792670 said:
1000HP 2JZ keep the oil squirters. Cooler pistons is always a plus. Clean them and then if you must, change the spring and banjo bolt.

Can you change the oil squirter opening pressure with a different spring?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
IJ.;1792660 said:
And you're the authority on building 7M's of course.... :nono:

I don't judge you on your spelling but on the 5+ years of failures in everything you do.

When you get an engine to stay together longer than 5 minutes then start posting your "knowledge" until then I take everything you post as second hand miscomprehended hearsay.

I have never had failure that was my fault you judgemental prick, your shit blew up more then mine I went though 2 motors one stock and my prized one that was stolen form me from the same person

I am not getting into this as well I should have learnt the first time

plus every thing listed is ture

THIS IS WHY SUPRAMANIA GETS A BAD WRAP

smarten up Ian and stop being so judgemental

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
mecevans;1792681 said:
Can you change the oil squirter opening pressure with a different spring?

I don't see why not it's just simple ball and spring

I read some time ago you can use the 2jz spring and suppost to bleed at higher level

think it was on supra forums

best way is to buy one and test it and see if it turly works when I tested some springs different aplcation thou I use a digtale scale to test them by pushing down with your thumb may be crude but it gives you a good idea between the 2

Last edited:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
NashMan;1792732 said:
I have never had failure that was my fault you judgemental prick, your shit blew up more then mine I went though 2 motors one stock and my prized one that was stolen form me from the same person

I am not getting into this as well I should have learnt the first time

plus every thing listed is ture

THIS IS WHY SUPRAMANIA GETS A BAD WRAP

smarten up Ian and stop being so judgemental

Have a cry ya little girl.., what no one told you how special you are today?? ;)

You're mistaking me for someone that gives a fuck what you have to say or think.