Minnesota Supra Meet! 5/15/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Got my head studs ordered. Probably still wont be driving my car down, but it's a step in the right direction! A very small step. But a step.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
So I drove the route posted on first page that I was thinking for the cruise - it's decent but it involves some freeway and through town. I don't know how well we could thread a dozen or more cars through without getting broken up. The 3-4 miles in Wisconsin though are some awesome twisties.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
Unfortunately, I do not think I will have my Supra ready enough to bring it to the meet. I am fairly certain I will still attend however. Getting involved with Supras more will get me more motivated to work on mine.

family-supra-turbo's

12 Fl OZ of NOS
Oct 31, 2005
menesota
hey sup everyone, im in on the meet, no body know me but hope to meet all of you all guys at suprasport..my name is Joe, i drive a baby blue 87 with some upgrade..right now the car running strong and im loving it..ahah hope to see all you guys there and lets have a blast....cant wait.
-familysupra, Joe

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota, United States
family-supra-turbo's;1549430 said:
hey sup everyone, im in on the meet, no body know me but hope to meet all of you all guys at suprasport..my name is Joe, i drive a baby blue 87 with some upgrade..right now the car running strong and im loving it..ahah hope to see all you guys there and lets have a blast....cant wait.
-familysupra, Joe

woot, another baby blue :)

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
fixitman04;1549721 said:
ya i have to shoot back the same day as i have to work sunday, but heading down together is a definite.

Wait, are you planning going down there Friday or Saturday? A round trip to the cities and back would be nuts in the same day.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
saturday , i plan to leave the meet around 6:30 to head back. why is that crazy, i do it all the time for the twins games. leave gf around 6 am and show up at suprasport around 11

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
fixitman04;1549908 said:
saturday , i plan to leave the meet around 6:30 to head back. why is that crazy, i do it all the time for the twins games. leave gf around 6 am and show up at suprasport around 11

Well, maybe crazy isn't the right word. That is just a lot of driving for one day.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
fixitman04;1549908 said:

^^^ That is what he did last year ;) Is the automatic done acting up now?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
^^^^ sure We can fix it the same way we fix his. Beat the hell out of it for a afternoon/night + turn up boost with MBC = FIXED!!!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
fixitman04;1550306 said:
well, that is the exact repair procedure we used! forgot the multiple burnouts as well! no boost.... your screwed!

:rofl: I forgot about them. I know we even have instructional video's and picture's of "how he did it" :rolf:

EDIT: here is how to fix you problematic 340 (or any supra) step by step with pics!!!!!!

First hold down brake peddle and start to press the far right peddle.

DSC00100.JPG

Start building up some rear tire speed.

DSC00101.JPG

If you doing it right, lots of white smoke should start to come from the rear tires.

DSC00102.JPG

If every one :rofl:'s , cheers and is clapping, you did it correct. Just make sure the guy behind you isn't Dan with the targa off, because he will get pissed and will get rubber chunks stuck in his hair ;) You can see his blue sup in my rear view mirror in the last pic.

DSC00103.JPG

Last year was pretty fun, looking back at the pics. I'm just hoping HR relayed on the msg to my boss, that I need the 15th off.

Last edited:

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Rob, it was raining rubber for a while!:icon_roll This year he can drive behind me and with my new line lock, will cover his car with rubber!! You are right, it was a lot of fun. Nothing like seeing 12 Supras all in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.